SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#110631 - 09/10/04 12:44 PM You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Hi everyone,

Here's one to keep 'He'll Have To Go' company on my website.

PSR3000 used for all instrument sounds...

EnglishWaltz style (drums and bass only), with Live!GrandPiano and a touch of Live!DynoSteel1 over the top.
http://richmusic.co.uk

I hope you enjoy it

All the best,
Rich

P.S. Keep the faith Sunny

#110632 - 09/10/04 01:05 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Rich,

You definitely have a voice to be envied and your keyboard playing sets a pretty high bar. I enjoyed listening to all the songs at your site, expecially the C/W ones. I'm a country fan and you do these pieces justice. Thanks....

Jerry Mullikin

#110633 - 09/10/04 01:08 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
Dnj Offline

Rich......

Great Job....Keep Em Coming!!

#110634 - 09/10/04 02:55 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
RichUK Offline

Jerry, thank you for the kind words... very much appreciated.

Donny, cheers! It's not easy deciding which song to record next, now there seems to be a suitable style for all my favourites.

Even found one for Doctor Who and Airwolf themes the other day.

Thanks again,
Rich

#110635 - 09/10/04 05:19 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Rich,

Another excellent recording.

Everytime I hear your voice I think it a crime that you are not snapped up by some recording company. Your voice really does deserve to be heard by the masses. Your range is quite amazing .... how did you get 'down' on the word Down and still stay perfectly in tune?

Beautiful voice and beautiful music. PLEASE keep them coming. For a rank amateur like myself voices like yours are just the inspiration I need to keep plugging away and try to make music.

Very best wishes
Tony

#110636 - 09/10/04 05:34 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Rich...

Great job, as usual... nice 'Floyd' on the piano.

Glenn

#110637 - 09/10/04 06:23 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
HI Richard, yet another Jim Reeves classic song beautifully presented by you. You're able to so wonderfully capture the essense of his voice that I think you should seriously consider putting together a Jim Reeves tribute show and taking it 'on the road'. You might even impersonate his looks with a hairstyle change & appropriate attire. I think this could prove to be a very successful and lucrative first class act for you. - Scott

#110638 - 09/10/04 09:27 PM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
zuki Offline

...or incorporate into your act

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#110639 - 09/11/04 02:03 AM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
Carrie-uk Offline

Rich,

Pardon me for not knowing the song, but WOW, what a fantastic voice!!!! You should seriously think about putting an act together of some sort. If you fronted a band with great musicians backing you, you'd be unstoppable!

Keep it coming pretty, pretty please!

Carrie

#110640 - 09/11/04 06:46 AM Re: You're The Only Good Thing... PSR-3000 with vocal
RichUK Offline

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the listen and kind feedback.

I find it easier to get a fuller tone on the 'downs' before the evening. At the moment (2.15pm) my range is 2 D flats below middle C (staying in tune) up to G above middle C. Like me you've probably found as the voice warms up during the day it becomes easier to sing the high notes.

So it's Jim Reeves during the day and Bee Gees during the evening.

I was in a boys' choir for a while when I was young. If any one of those boys were consistently out of tune on a certain passage, the whole lot of us were threatened with the slipper. A very good incentive for them I'm sure! Now although I enjoy singing 'holy music', this kind of attitude really went contrary to the nature of the music we were singing... and made for a few unhappy choirboys.

Thanks again Tony, keep those Tyros produced songs coming too!

Hi Glenn, thank you. Will never forget when I first heard Mr. Cramer, whoaaa man!! Great stuff indeed.

Hi Scott, thank you for your kind comments.

I remember you mentioning to me once on messenger about the possiblity of doing a Jim Reeves tribute show. That would certainly be a very enjoyable thing to do... to sing these easy-listening country numbers for a couple of hours. Definitely something for me to think about... cheers

zuki,

Hi Carrie,

Thank you kindly I'll admit that it's a bit of dream of mine to be backed by great musicians, while singing these songs 'out front'. As with Scott's suggestion, I will seriously have to look into this. Of course, if there are any bass, drum, keyboard and guitar players... and harmony singers reading the forum who live in the Portsmouth, Hampshire UK area and love to play/sing this kind of easy-listening music too, please drop me an e-mail! It'd be great to get something happening...

Thanks again,
Rich

[This message has been edited by RichUK (edited 09-11-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online