SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#110596 - 09/25/00 07:51 AM Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys. I need an advice on the "best" arranger that suits for dance/techno music (if any). What's important to me are drun kits and sounds. BUILT-IN STYLES ARE NOT important to me 'cause I tend to create my own. So, PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND TO THIS message; your opinion is needed big time. The choice I have: KN6000, EM-2000, VA-7, PA 80, PSR-9000 Pro, (maybe more?). Anyone?

Thank you.

#110597 - 09/25/00 08:26 AM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Shakil Offline

IF the upcoming PA-80 will have the exact TRITON engine, then that will be your best choice. Because TRITON has LOTs of techno/dance stuff.

For the drums sounds, VA-7 will be the best choice. It has amazing drum kits.

Yamaha 9000... naah!!

#110598 - 09/25/00 10:02 AM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Well do not listen to Shakil at first!!
If you want your OWN styles, and no styles that are on board (like me, I dont need Big Band, Salsa, Swing etc etc) you should not buy a PA-80 because that instrument has NOT been designed for you to make your own styles. Same for the KN6000 ! Do not buy the KN-6000 if you want own styles !!! Those instrument are designed so that you will use the on board styles the most. Any additonal styles YOU create cannot sufficiently be stored on board. The KN-6000 has very few user styles memory so you need to save on DISK! This counts for most arrangers in that league, especially for those with a speaker in it. I would therefore recommend the EM-2000 for your needs as regarding to style saving (direct from ZIP). But the Roland has not got good drums for techno. Then I think there is only one arranger left which is created for you to make your own styles with good techno drum kits: the Korg i30 !!

Ilija

#110599 - 09/25/00 10:05 AM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Sorry Shakil, didnt read your post quit well. I agree the VA-7 has good drums, but so does Solton. What the man needs is an arranger that is designed for his own styles. He doesnt need Swing etc etc. like all arranger have. They are designed like this:

- what do people want and need? Put it all in some 100 banks.
If people want there own, it will ne strange because we have all styles on board, so they will give only ONE bank for own styles. Thats why you shouldnt buy the KN-6000 and also not the Yamaha PSR9000. I think same for the VA-7.

Ilija

#110600 - 09/25/00 01:00 PM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your response. Yes I need a keyboard where I can easily create my own styles. But, I need a keyboard with good techno sounds/drum kits. I'm not really interested in big band sryles and don't really have a need on where to save created styles, what I need is a creative tool to create my own styles from scratch, in TECHNO/DANCE STYLE. Is PA 80 the best for that?

#110601 - 09/25/00 01:20 PM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
DannyUK Offline

hi there newyorker...

from my experience, the Korg I30 has excellent Dance/Techno styles, The Solton X1 has some very good ones too.

Maybe you could try these 2 also, I still would prefer I30 for Dance/Techno only though...

DannyUK

#110602 - 09/25/00 01:58 PM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Anonymous
Unregistered

Danny, do you think that pa 80 would be the right choice for me? I heard i30 has discontinued anyway.

#110603 - 09/25/00 02:25 PM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
DannyUK Offline

I cannot say for sure as I dont know much about the PA-80. If it has styles arranged like the I30 with even better sounds, then it should be a killer machine for Dance/Techno. I thought the I30 had perfect drums for Dance and Techno anyway...

I30 is very cheap now, its definately worth a listen if you can get hold of one... I had absolutely great times with the I30 when I owned it.

DannyUK

#110604 - 09/26/00 12:47 PM Re: Best arranger keyboard for dance/techno
Ilija Petkovski Offline

New Yorker!!!

You are not listening/reading very well.
The Korg is designed to creat your own styles. The PA-80 probably not. But I would say: the Korg i30 is cheap. If money is not important i would wait and hear the PA-80 !!

Good luck.

Ilija

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online