SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110586 - 11/04/02 03:49 AM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
bitdump3 Offline

Loc: Fano, Italy
harosha

It does not do this as it makes no sence too with the logic of the program. The assumtion seems to be that you have a MID file for each part and thus edit accordingly. If you save them in a big string and then try to load, it would be then a single variation. The Pa clearly wants a single file for each element of the style.

As for Kat Chuck explained the situation with that application quite well.

I personally find working on single style elements in a single MID file at a time, more reliable give the currently avaible tools.

Best thing is really just good old Copy and Paste.

Terry , while you are intitled to your point of veiw, IMHO you have also clearly show a huge lack of knowledge or creative flair for dealing with the issues of style creation. Sorry if I can not take your comments about this topic even with a grain of salt.

#110587 - 11/04/02 08:18 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Alright guys, off with the gloves and back into your corners.....

#110588 - 11/04/02 08:40 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
zuki Offline

For what it's worth, I think the PA80 is a fabulous sounding arranger. Probably the best I have ever heard. I played it at a GC and lost track of time...
ZUKI

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#110589 - 11/04/02 10:11 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
Bitdump is correct that the Korg Style Tool is the most effective way of programming styles from a MIDI perspective. YOu really have to keep track of what you are doing, and it is a lot more painful than it should be, which is why I'm hoping for the KAT upgrade that will change everything.

At least now we know what the main problems are, and can keep bugging Milan....:-)

I've also tried opening multiple PA80 ST files in SONAR, which also works, but you have to be real careful.....

#110590 - 11/05/02 11:10 AM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks all for your responses. I used Korg's style program and it seems to work well. I created a style file based on a song that I created a few years back with little problems. I only created two variations for now, but yes the good old cut and paste trick works.

I still have to do some tweaking within the PA80, but over all I was able to create a style from MIDI and load it into the PA.

I will also download the KAT2000 trial versin and play around with it.

#110591 - 11/05/02 07:46 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
BuleriaChk Offline

Harosha-

Be aware that the demo version (unless Milan has upgraded it) is missing many of the features available in the professional version.

But be sure and read the documentation available on his Website; it is considerably clearer than the PA80 manual...and even then,...:-)

#110592 - 11/07/02 10:11 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Has anybody noticed duplicate MIDI events when using the Korg style making tool? The notes at the first beat of the first measure reappear toward the end of the last measure. It happens either when importing MIDI files in to the program or when saving as style files; I can't remember exactly when. Given the use of the tool, it doesn't bother me a lot. I delete the events after loading the style file in to the keyboard. I am just wondering if anybody else has also seen this.

Shiral

#110593 - 11/07/02 10:21 PM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
BuleriaChk Offline

Andrea Bernadelli at Korg Italy should know about this. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm still trying to get KAT2000 working....:-)

#110594 - 11/08/02 02:21 AM Re: Style to MIDI and MIDI to style conversion in PA80?
bitdump3 Offline

Loc: Fano, Italy
Yup that happens, but I never bothered to figure out why exactly. I just delete the event as you mentioned.

If I ever figure it out I'll be sure to post it somewhere here and at IA.

Probally related to the location or duration of MIDI data in the MID file and where it dumps it in the converted style. Best guess.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online