SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110471 - 12/12/02 05:17 AM Re: Couple more likes and dislikes Tyros..
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
On another impression regarding the Tyros. The Jury is still out on whether the Leslie sounds are better or worse than the 9000. For some reason, every attempt to create custom Organ Flutes patches with rotary speaker settings sounds cheezy. I don't think I like what Yammy did to the Leslie effects.

Is this just me or have others noticed this?

Regards,
Al G.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#110472 - 12/12/02 05:57 AM Re: Couple more likes and dislikes Tyros..
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I really LIKE the Tyros 'Vocal harmonizer' and think it's a substantial improvement in sound over the PSR2000's. So if you like the PSR2000's vocal harmonizer, you're really gonna LOVE the one on the Tyros. The individual harmony voices sound cleaner, and more distinct (imho). I feel it's on par with my stand alone Digitech Vocalist Workstation. - Scott

Scott,
I suppose it boils down to what quality each of us is willing to accept. What I said is the Tyros vocalizer is no better nor worse than other harmonizers I have heard, which is unacceptable to me for my work. Basically I think they all sound quite phony.

Perhaps you could put a cut up on your site using it and change my mind....maybe I'm just not using it right.
Terry

#110473 - 12/12/02 08:37 AM Re: Couple more likes and dislikes Tyros..
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Terry, I doubt I'll change your mind. Admittedly, even the best electronic vocal harmonizers aren't going to replace real human backup singers. When evaluating the sound quality of the Tyros harmonizer, I was specifically comparing it to the vocalizer sound quality of the PSR2000. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online