SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#115793 - 12/11/02 02:39 PM Groove & Dynamics
MarcK Offline

I've had the PSR 2000 for almost a year now. I've used it extensively for music production, as well as for several performances. Needless to say, this keyboard has many features, many of which I personally have little or no need for. Just out of curiousity, I tried out the Groove feature (in Style Creation). I'm amazed! Truly this greatly extends the usefulness of the styles. It takes just seconds to convert a 16-beat style to 8-beat (for example), and with a little luck, the result is very playable. Does anybody here have experience using this feature?

#115794 - 12/11/02 09:59 PM Re: Groove & Dynamics
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I embarassed to say, I never use this on my 2000. It seems too complicated, though I've never looked it up. On my 740, though, I used it all the time. The 740 had a button next to the style variations that, with one push, instantly transformed the style on the fly. It's a shame they took this off the later models.
Tom G.

#115795 - 12/11/02 11:20 PM Re: Groove & Dynamics
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Marck:I briefly experimented with this feature when I first got the 2000. It really can turn an 8 beat tune into a swinging groove. Perhaps you can record one of your songs with a style you created using the 2000's groove feature and share it with us. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online