Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Thanks Denny. I will give it whirl.
Mario

#110441 - 03/05/02 11:21 AM Re: 9000 Going Back
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Hi Mario.

My Brother and I are members of the Derbyshire Radio control flyers (UK) DRCF , and we build our own Planes (we started off with "US Aircore" many years ago, and these are used to "Train" you (you can crash them (Like we did - but "refly" them - unlike the bolser type ones) My Brother has scale models now, and to those that have never tried flying a Model aero plane...don't do it without a tutor! you will spend most of your first session picking up the pieces (in the case of bolser ones of course

About the Yamaha 9000, hmmm!. Well, I'm so glad you are happy with it Mario, and I also agree with you that delving into the depths of the machine will give you more insight into it...and bringing better results/Sounds as well!. As a Technics KN6500 Owner, I envy the Yamaha Pro for it's Polyphony (126 with up to 8 Elements per sound), and the ability to add Plug in boards that add EVEN MORE Polyphony! (And also differnet kind of synthesis boards) There are some Demo's here on the Boards available for the Yamaha 9000..they sound super! This link here will take you to the Yamaha Pro, but you will also be able to listen to demo's of hundreds of sounds, from Motif to CVP209, Samplers, Drum Machines, oh and the boards for the Yamaha! Yamaha Sound Demo's

...Keep burning the midnight Oil mario

Jupitar5

[This message has been edited by Jupitar5 (edited 03-05-2002).]

#110442 - 03/05/02 02:54 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
Mario Offline

Jupitar:
I flew the US Core Colts 45 as one of my first airplanes, in fact I used it to learn some aerobatics and fly inverted, but not w/o a few crashes. You are right, you could "slam" these planes into the ground and they would "unrinkle" themselves for another flight. Lots of fun!. Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the PRO. I was wondering if you had problems with the "Parameter Block" as well? May be we are due for another version upgrade at this time.
regards,
Mario

#110443 - 03/05/02 04:37 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hello Mario,

I am glad that you share opinion about the 9kpro superiority.

Regarding the styles conversion ...
I am using program called EMC which basicaly converts styles from other keyboards (Roland, Korg, X1 ...) to 9kpro.
Denny is wright, the link that he gave you has tons of styles converted from other boards to PSR format already.It also has the CVP209 styles which you have to download into 9kpro. They are amasing !
Many of those styles do have just two variations because they were probably converted by EMC. The EMC version that I have converts the data to PSR8000 format and it looks that the PSR8000 had only two variations. But the problem can be easily solved by merging two "two variation" styles into one. You simply go and a style using "easy edit" on your 9kpro and then you can assembly and mix different variations from different styles into one.
On the internet link mentioned above usually they have two versions of the same style like Disco1 and Disco2. Usually it means that one, for example X1 style with 4 variations was split into two 9kpro styles with 2 variations. You can download them and merge them later on, on you 9kpro so you get an original 4 variation style.

Regarding the memory ...
I bought regular SIMM memory which is used for computers.
I have followed the specs described on pg.185 of 9kpro manual.
I have tried also EDO SIMMs but they didn't work properly, so I suggest you go with regular SIMM memory chips, no EDO, 70 ns or faster. Other specs(dimension, number of chips) you can find in the manual.
The SIMM memory is an older memory and it is not present so much in the computer stores but I have seen it around. I have personaly purchased it through newsgroup where they sell computer parts. Also I have notices many of these chips on E-bay. You just search for SIMMs. You will find them.
Just try to to follow the specs as described.
I think yamaha also sells these chips but they are so expensive.
I bought two 32M chips for $25 from a computer guy through the local newsgroups on the net.

If you have more questions, I will be glad to help.

Cheers

#110444 - 03/05/02 05:22 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
Mario Offline

Denis:
Sorry I miss spelled your name. Thanks a mill for all the information. I will see if I can obtain the EMC converter, I sure could use it since I have quite a few styles that I've created for the X1 and like to use on the PRO. I also have a few old computers with plenty of old memory chips, I would not be surprise if I can upgrade this K/B for $0.00 based on your recomendation. I will follow the instructions on the manual. I've already installed a HD into it so is not that is something so new for me to do.
Again many thanks, Regards,
Mario

#110445 - 03/05/02 06:39 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Mario
If you are looking for EMC here is the guy
to talk to. He sells them, Give him a Email
Fran Carango
E-mail Address(es):
francarango@nni.com

Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#110446 - 03/05/02 07:29 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I can see this forum is very Yamaha friendly!
Tom I agree with you 100%! I have tried the 9000pro and all the other Yamaha arranger KB's. What has been said about the 9000pro is true, no doubt about it, it has more features related to a "Workstation"
type of KB. Yamaha is a gazillion times bigger than Ketron. But for me, to sit down and "just" play one song after another and enjoy the HELL out of it, the SD1 is the ONE!!
You talk about styles!! I have more than I can use right now!! I purchased this thing to have fun playing and I do! Maybe it's my age but the "Natural" sounds and styles are in a different league than anything else I have ever owned year to date!
There certainly is more places to see, hear and purchase the Yamaha. This is not make it a better KB. I have said enough.

#110447 - 07/04/02 03:01 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jupitar5:
[B]Hi Mario.

My Brother and I are members of the Derbyshire Radio control flyers (UK) DRCF , and we build our own Planes (we started off with "US Aircore" many years ago, and these are used to "Train" you (you can crash them (Like we did - but "refly" them - unlike the bolser type ones) My Brother has scale models now, and to those that have never tried flying a Model aero plane...don't do it without a tutor! you will spend most of your first session picking up the pieces (in the case of bolser ones of course

About the Yamaha 9000, hmmm!. Well, I'm so glad you are happy with it Mario, and I also agree with you that delving into the depths of the machine will give you more insight into it...and bringing better results/Sounds as well!. As a Technics KN6500 Owner, I envy the Yamaha Pro for it's Polyphony (126 with up to 8 Elements per sound), and the ability to add Plug in boards that add EVEN MORE Polyphony! (And also differnet kind of synthesis boards) There are some Demo's here on the Boards available for the Yamaha 9000..they sound super! This link here will take you to the Yamaha Pro, but you will also be able to listen to demo's of hundreds of sounds, from Motif to CVP209, Samplers, Drum Machines, oh and the boards for the Yamaha! Yamaha Sound Demo's
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well J5
Building & flying radio control model planes now Eh! Oh! well I suppose that's a new line from you.
As for the rest it's a funny thing we seem to have heard it all before on all the other forums current & old
By the way I see you have blanked your latest profile
Regards Johnnie

#110448 - 07/04/02 05:00 PM Re: 9000 Going Back
rgtaa Offline

Tom Cavanaugh
I think you are doing the right thing. You gotta get the keyboard that feels right for you.

The styles as others have said can be downloaded from the net ... x1,psr2000,cvp209,technics,ect... so if it was just styles ... I would think you didn't try them yet! There are lots of styles that are not good on the net too.

As to the layout of keyboard ,it's what you get use to ... the psr9000 was overwhelming for me in the beginning ... but after a couple of weeks I liked it ... and I downloaded MULTIPADS,Registrations,and put in hard drive and sampling memory and 1250 midi's in the 5 banks. There were threads on the psr sytles forum about adjusting the SOUNDS ... from the Bland Factory settings... WOW ... what a difference ... I forget ...they wrote why Yamaha did it that way... but I forgot now... but ... anyway ... Take it BACK and get what you want!

The styles, sounds,ect can all be adjusted but the keyboard layout is gonna stay the same!

The reason I liked the psr9000 was because of the build in speakers and I just plain liked it better after playing the 9000pro in SAM ASH ... so ... I do understand ... you like what you like! End of Story!
rgtaa
P.S. I turned on my psr9000 a few days ago and I thought the sax and other sounds didn't sound right ... I turned it on and off ... and still was upset ... then I looked at the 2 wheels at LEFT of keyboard ... one was resting in upright position ... moved it almost to off... and BIG SMILE came back on my face! AHHHH... SAX sounded good again!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 07-04-2002).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online