SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109701 - 10/20/07 07:01 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Tim,
If it's OK with you, I will call Steve Deming on Monday morning and let him know of the mistake made in manufacturing because Yamaha needs to find out where the blame lies. They are too big of a company to have an error like this get through the loop. My guess is that Yamaha will want to replace your keyboard one more time. They won't want a mistake like this out there in my opinion. I've spoken to Steve several times last week to make sure they are monitoring all that's been posted regarding quality control and shipping problems. I know for a fact that everyone at Yamaha is in the loop.

Although I'm not the dealer you've purchased your 900 from, I have been in close contact with Yamaha regarding all your issues. It is in everyone's best interest that I continue to monitor what's been posted here and make sure Yamaha knows of everyone's concern and for me to know what actions are taken to insure future perfectly intact instruments are received by all who buy them.

George,
That will be OK with me. I will also be calling my salesman about this on Monday when he is back at the store. I suppose Yamaha will want this thing back. However, I previously said if the third one was defective that was it. Right now, I'm undecided whether I want another S900.
Tim

[This message has been edited by CoasterTim (edited 10-20-2007).]

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#109702 - 10/20/07 08:15 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
However, I previously said if the third one was defective that was it. Right now, I'm undecided whether I want another S900.
Tim

I feel for you Bro! They say the third time is a charm but the fourth? I dunno.. It's your call. If it were me I would probably try one more time but if the fourth one is not right then I would absolutely draw the line there and no way try a fifth one. >>?? It kind of sounds silly huh? We're actually talking about replacing three keyboards (one after the other) with a fourth one, with all of them so far being unsatisfactory from the factory. It even rhymes by golly. Unsatisfactory from the factory... Unsatisfactory from the factory... Unsat.. Ugh! I can't take it anymore.. sigh . I wouldn't blame you one bit if you choose to forego a fourth one Tim. I do admire you for your fortitude though. Here's the definition of fortitude: - "Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage." You've taken this extremely well and if you do decide to try one more time it would be a stalwart undertaking on your part that's for sure. I think there should also be some other type of compensation on Yamaha's part in my opinion. They could do it by contacting you privately via phone or email if need be. One such conciliatory move on Yamaha's part may be giving you the full retail version of Cubase 4. It would go a long way in alleviating your recent frustration with Yamaha keyboard products and prove a noble gesture on Yamaha's part in trying to retain you as a loyal customer for your future arranger keyboard purchasing decisions and also your other PRO Audio products purchasing decisions in my humble opinion.

Be on the lookout for heads rolling at Yamaha U.S. I don't expect Yamaha to take this lightly or lying down by the way. It's akin to sticking a sharp object in their corporate eye three times in succession and they finally have to say enough! Steve Deming may want to unbox the fourth one himself and give it a thorough going over before repacking and shipping it out. >> "If he already did that with the 3rd one then we're in a heap of trouble folks, that's all I can say.." Or rather, Yamaha is in a heap of trouble that is. It reminds me of a Three Stooges comedy but sadly it is turning into a comedy of errors, or worse: a nightmare.

Again, my condolences Tim. You've been a trooper through this whole ordeal.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-20-2007).]

#109703 - 10/20/07 11:48 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tim,
that's just truly incredible.
If Yamaha's your brand of choice, you may not be happy settling for something else.
Think long & hard.

The least they could do is let you hang on to it till they replace it with a properly functioning model.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoasterTim:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#109704 - 10/21/07 01:39 AM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Tim,
The way I view the situation, is that you actually chosen the S900 to be your next arranger. Of course you haven't chosen defective product martyrdom in the process.

I suggest you to personally pull some hair at Yamaha, via telephone and also in writing, so:
1) You get exactly what you are paying for.
2) They realise something is terribly wrong, in the production line/supply chain.

To change the keyboard brand to some other, won't solve the problem, especially your problem. You will not get what you wanted.

As far as gifts from Yamaha, I think that you are not the person to take advantage from the situation to get a free copy of anything.

Congratulations for your patience.

#109705 - 10/21/07 05:00 AM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
CoasterTim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
As far as gifts from Yamaha, I think that you are not the person to take advantage from the situation to get a free copy of anything.

Congratulations for your patience.

Well, I WOULD be ELATED if they upgraded me to a T2 !!!

#109706 - 10/21/07 07:18 AM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
quote:Well, I WOULD be ELATED if they upgraded me to a T2 !!!

It would be fair,and a great offer if they do so.

Impuls :-)

#109707 - 10/21/07 07:34 AM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
Dnj Offline

you'd be elated to just get ALL your money back

#109708 - 10/21/07 10:37 AM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
CoasterTim Offline

I feel that I should mention that my salesman has been with me through this whole thing and has either absorbed or passed on to Yamaha, all the back and forth expenses of shipping and pickups - including a couple overnight deliveries.

The only shipping expense I have paid to date was the original $24 on the 1st S900. He has also offered a refund more than once, claiming he would have given up long before me. I DO feel like giving up, but now I think it wise to see this to the end. This is getting quite interesting.

Tim

#109709 - 10/21/07 02:15 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Tim ,

I for one thank you for your continuing updates , and your help to this small community of friends and players.

George , stepping up to the plate , offering to help Tim , is superb. !!
That very action will reverberate , through this forum , and will not go unnoticed.

I do not want steal this thread with my own thoughts of kb`s I might get , but rather acknowledge the fact that a few are making a stand for the right thing,

All my best to ALL involved , way to go !!

Later,
Gary

#109710 - 10/21/07 02:24 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tim,

Hopefully, Yamaha will step up the plate as well and provide you with unlimited service for the ensuing keyboard(s), which I hope you do not have to wait for.

George has always been one of my heros, and when I do decide to upgrade from the PSR-3000s he will be the person I will be purchasing the new boards from. This kind of dedication and service to his customers is unheard of in this world of instant gratification. Over the years I have read all of his reviews, and I must say they are completely unbiased, well written, and he has always provided the most reliable service to his growing list of customers.

A big thanks to both Tim and George for this post,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online