SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#109047 - 10/31/07 03:35 PM Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s ,

Like the title of this thread , I would like some honest opinions.

As we all know there have been far too many "flawed" PSR-S900 keyboards , however it is still the "best buy" out there as far as arranger are concerned.

And as you might have guessed , I`m still looking.

So please , lets not turn this into a quoting pissing match , lets just throw around some ideas as to just whats up with Yamaha and when will it be safe to buy one , if ever.

Thank you !!

Gary

#109048 - 10/31/07 04:16 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Gary,

You're probably going to need reassurance from USA dealers.

I've connected with five new S900 owners in the last several days, including my buddy who went to Toronto to check out the Korg PA-800...they are all problem free.

Still no reports of problems here in Canada as of today.

I hope someone from your country can give you some answers.

I believe Zuki just bought another one recently.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-31-2007).]

#109049 - 10/31/07 04:49 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Everyone,
I have been selling dozens of 900's and 700's over the past several months. Only a few have had any problems and two of the 3 had loose connections and the one Don Mason got had a damaged box which I'm sure was jolted very hard by the shipping carrier which damaged internal components.
There have only been a handful of problems compared to the numbers that have been sold.
The major problem has been some disconnected connections which have easily been fixed. If you get a keyboard with a disconnected cable it's a simple fix but if you get it and it's not disconnected, you should expect years of trouble free use.
Let me say again that the models being sold in Canada are coming on the same boats and planes as the ones here in the USA and then transported to Canada.
Also, know that Yamaha will not leave anyone without a replacement if there might be something you can't fix easily either yourself or by a repair shop.
(Retired 2021)

#109050 - 10/31/07 04:51 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Hi Ian ,

Thank you for your reply !

Yes , I`m still hunting , and confused.

I wouldn`t be except the S900 has a heck of alot to offer , and I have always said that.

I mean , who else makes a board with all those features at that price ! No one !!

I just wish they were made a little better.

Maybe for a home studio it would be a fine KB , but the quality for me is an issue.

Sure , I could get used to the rubber buttons and the not-so-great action , but how long would it last ?

I tell ya` if I could find a new sealed PSR-3000 , I would buy it tomorrow , those rubber buttons are a turn off.

But maybe Yamaha knows what it`s doing , maybe there IS a reason they did not use plastic , although I can`t figure out why.

I would buy the E-80 , it`s not that pricey , but for the money the S900 is a true steal , as far as features and price.

Care to ship a new good S900 to N.H. USA !!

Take care,
Gary

#109051 - 10/31/07 04:57 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Hi George,

I think we posted the same time !!

So you think that it would be a safe buy for someone to buy an S900 ?

I really don`t want belabor the point , but for the price it`s a heck of a bang !! It really is tempting ( is that good or bad >LOL )

Thanks for your inupt , take care,
Gary

#109052 - 10/31/07 05:20 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, Gary, if the S900 is not exactly what you want, you are wise to wait.

It's good that you're not in a hurry.

Good luck, buddy.

Ian

#109053 - 10/31/07 05:28 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Thanks Ian ,

But , my really old Hammond organ isn`t sounding so good these days.

+ I would really like an arranger , there is just something about playing cross armed that bothers be !!

My Hammond is a dual manual 49 key !

For me it is far easier to play when the keys are all on one plane.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Gary

#109054 - 10/31/07 05:36 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Gary,

You KNOW you want one. Just go for it. Even I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one...even after my recent experience. It's a heck of a board, as you know.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#109055 - 10/31/07 05:46 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Hi Tim ,

Hows it going !!

Yup , the S900 is a heck of a bargan , hey Tim how are the rubber buttons on your S900 ?

I ask because of the 2 that I tried , both were different , one had buttons that stuck and the other just didn`t feel right , of course they were display models , that must have been abused or atleast banged on !! LOL

Hey , hows the Cubase ! , I guess that promo is over .
But is the software any good and are you going for Cubase 4 ?

Anyway , nice to hear from you , drop a line anytime !!

Take care,
Gary

#109056 - 10/31/07 06:22 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello:

I own a PSR S900 as well the PA800 and the Tyros2, I got the S900 for backup for my T2...
NO PROBLEMS at all with any of the above....

Before I left the music store, where I used to work until several weeks ago, we sold many S900s and none came back, go figure...??
I just perform now. I like this, I have now time to program my stuff, and put more numbers or arrange the old ones.

A favor, I have a friend that has a T2 with the speakers (satellites and Sub woofer, I did not get them with mine), the cable that connects the T2 with the subwoofer no longer works, someone knows the part number by any chance?, I appreciate it very much.

------------------
mdorantes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online