SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#106609 - 11/15/04 11:07 AM Re: KORG PA1X OPINIONS PLEASE
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks JDX,
But...........you are in France and I am in California and that preposes a lot of problems.
I also note that your asking price for used is more in USD then George Kaye is for new right here on my Turf in Sunny California.
Besides that I don't like to buy used unless it is half price like used should be
Thanks anyway.
Bebop

#106610 - 11/16/04 05:03 PM Re: KORG PA1X OPINIONS PLEASE
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, Wow. LOts of information...I have had my PA1XPRO for several monthes. I play very complex arrangements live & studio work. Have not noticed a single dropout. Now based on what was given here... I should here drop outs so WHY DON'T I?

You line in CA, Get yourself a PA1XPRO, READ THE MANUAL (IN DETAIL) more than once before you get the board delivered. Try this baby out yourself, NO IT's NOT A YAMI! So what!
It is absolutely awsome! And the keybed quality is professional level, unlike some. No it's not light, quality is not light. How long do you want to use it before it is woen out? For me ... many years!

It is VERY programmable, and I mean VERY. I love that. I use it to drive 2 external modules. Kurzweil PC2R and Roland Fantom module. It has programming to make that super easy!

The sounds are excellant! No not all of them, does any board have all excellant sounds. The user interface is great, especially with V2 OS.

If you really don't like it, send it back.

Lee

#106611 - 11/18/04 08:47 PM Re: KORG PA1X OPINIONS PLEASE
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
sorry.. obviously should have read as PA1X PRO.

You do know you can edit your postings rather than just adding an extra one ?

#106612 - 11/30/04 08:41 PM Re: KORG PA1X OPINIONS PLEASE
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
Bob,
Why don't you go to Guitar Center and try PA1X for 3-4 weeks. They give full 30 days refund and they DO price match the last time I shopped there last year.

Then after that, you can try TYROS for another 3-4 weeks and then make your decision.

That's what I did previously while searching for a new board. But unfortunately for GC, I bought the PSR2000 elsewhere after trying all those boards. I just could not pass up the opportunity of buying it for a mere $550

-Han

HI HAN,
Go to Guitar Center? That is how I ended up with the PSR9000 that is sitting in here still brand new, and unused after a year.
I thought I was listening to the yam I was playing but instead I was hearing a mix of 27 other keyboards all being played at the same time in the demo room.
Somehow I don't think it is a good idea to try to check out a keyboard at GC.
Anybody else around our area have this keyboard in stock where you could actually hear it and get it demo'd to you?
Han, I still have your new Synthzone T-shirt that Nigel and Kerry gave you at our west coast Jam as well as your camera stand you forgot.
Bebop

#106613 - 11/30/04 08:53 PM Re: KORG PA1X OPINIONS PLEASE
BEBOP Offline

Thank you to all that posted on this thread. I appreciate your imputes. I am more undecided now then I was before.
Uncle Dave, you really gave me something to think about in your post.
I may be in the process of changing my mind about this board. I may just wait til next year and see what turns up.
This forum is still the best source for unbiased information and a great place to starting research on a board before you get your hands on one. Thanks again to all.
Maybe I will get to try one out along the trail from California to the Florida Synthzone jam in the spring, (April). Maybe I will get to try some others out as well and just bring a new one home with me in the motorhome.
My wife always gives me a IOU for a new kehyboard at Christmas time if I don't have one already picked out with a negotiated price just waiting for her to stop at the store and pick it up. Bless her grits
Any more imputes for this thread before I let it go to the back pages??
Thanks to all
Bebop

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online