SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#106548 - 02/11/05 12:04 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
SCP,

I don't want to totally hijack this thread, ( hmm I should say "again" 'cause I kinda did that already before..lol ) so I'm going to start a new one and try to answer your questions.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-11-2005).]

#106549 - 02/11/05 12:22 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I'm playing a Psr2100. How would you compare the keyboard on the Psr3000 or the tyros to the Psr2100 keyboard?
Thinking of upgrading.
John C.

#106550 - 02/11/05 01:04 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys...I think you are waiting one reply to me.
First at all, thanks a lot for your interest in Mediastation.
I will try to explain the Mediastation status BUT sorry again for my bad english.

Well, how you have understand too, the future is under one PC system and not under one SLOW embedded system like the other brans.
The probe again come from the BIG Yamaha with Steinberg VST, don't need to comment...

About Mediastation:
A lot of Mediastation are out, but 99% of the production was shipped in Lebanon for the all Oriental area.
About 20 MS are here in Italy and some around Europe and for that nobody here aroun had the possibility to touch and hear it.
I know how you there feel, without see, touch, hear and testing it, just on the paper look interesting, but to much risk to buy one. Is ok, don't worry about that, sure will come someday that there you can testing it too.
IF and when our last saftware under Debian Linux will relased ( this before the Musikmesse Frankfurt in germany, we joint there too) I will propose to George Kaye to shipping there one FREE Mediastation sample and then you there can see and testing too.

About the software:
sure you saw our last screes shots...: http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/screenshots.html
I think no another brands can give you this possibility and powerfull system and do NOT forget that all the new software will always available FREE in any time, just pressing the key: web Updating: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/Updater.jpg
or styles updating too: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/snapshot15.png

Another interesting stuff is the ONLINE HTML manual, that will interactive audio/video too.
I have here the first demo, BUT is NOT complete and must totally full correct the text, but you can have a idea how will working: http://updates.lionstracs.com/media/help_manual/index.html
Here you can see in the web, in Mediastation is run just pressing the key HELP+ the desidered function key.
Of couse, in HTML page, anybody can edit it, translate and made full interactive too.
The Mozilla Composer is standard installed in any Mediastation, so NO software to buy for made that.

Another interesting application now is the Linux Sampler, already integrated in the sound patch interface. LS ( linux sampler) will loading the standard GIGA studio library ( V. 3.0 too) and give you about 180 Voice. http://www.linuxsampler.org/

Another standar application installed is the add/Sub/Pad syntesizer, with 127 oscillators for Voice: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/snapshot7.png http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/snapshot6.png

Before the next exibition, our VST developer Torben will including the new VST server, where you can install ABOUT any VST plug-ing inside the Linux system.
Here some VST compatibilty list: http://djcj.org/LAU/ladspavst/

All FREE VST plung-ins will installed in any Mediastation and in future any new one tested will automatically update by the system for FREE.
Or of course you can install windows application too.
So...if you have understand, here the possibility are infinitly.

About the arranger:well, we are to developing a totally new Audio/midi arranger application and for that we dont have posted new styles. For the exibition we will shown it, maybe with the full audio features too, ulimited audio/size tracks too.

About the GM/GS sound installed: there you know that we use a 128 Voice DSP for the midiplayer/arranger. Now we have just one standard GM/GS sound font, but you can still easy change the Falsh DIMM with the new sounds, we have Flash DIMM up 256Mb.
Right now we have ordered from one Germany company to develope for us some new GM/GS2 sound bank and we can change the flash we we want.
Another possibility is use ine GM/GS sound bank in the linux sampler too.
So, here really the possibility are infinitly....just to use your fantasy too.

I'm design right now for the 88 keys version too and for the exibition we will shown the 64bit native version too.

I think you get enough info...

Regards
Domenik

#106551 - 02/11/05 07:00 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Hi Steve (YamahaUS1),

YES, I for one, would have GLADLY paid more for my Tyros if it had the FS (MoES6) keybed in it. In fact, I sit around every now and then and think to my self, "why in the world didn't they put the FS keybed in this board"? I mean since Yamaha first used that keybed in the DX7 and it was used in the Korg M1 and the Wavestation, etc., it's not like the R&D isn't paid for by now, so why wasn't a "professional" keybed put in Yamaha's "professional" arranger? Never have understood that.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#106552 - 02/11/05 07:22 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
What you guy don't realize is that the instrument is designed AROUND the keybed. The whole case would have to be redesigned. It would be deeper and heavier on top of being more expensive. Basically it would be the size and weight of a Motif ES6. Still interested?

Casio WK3500 22lbs, 10kg, 76keys with good key feel
Yamaha PSR3000 24lbs, 11kg, 61 keys.
Motif ES6 34.2lbs, 15.5kg.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-11-2005).]

#106553 - 02/11/05 08:36 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
What you guy don't realize is that the instrument is designed AROUND the keybed. The whole case would have to be redesigned. It would be deeper and heavier on top of being more expensive. Basically it would be the size and weight of a Motif ES6. Still interested?

Yes I am.... Now.. my question is.. Can it ever happen ?

Here let me put it another way.. Add the ES6 keybed to the PSR3000, and I'll buy it right now... today. Short of that, I'm sticking with my PA80. That's how much it matters to me.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-11-2005).]

#106554 - 02/11/05 10:39 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
tracknet Offline

Quote:
What you guy don't realize is that the instrument is designed AROUND the keybed. The whole case would have to be redesigned. It would be deeper and heavier on top of being more expensive.

Well, And then, if the keybed is the most iportant part, the foundations of the house, why to begin the building with bad foundations?
Your arguments can't convince me, sorry, because other manufacturers have resolute the subject (better key feel, standard size keys) without more money, more weight, more size... Why not Yamaha?

#106555 - 02/11/05 10:42 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Like a said before:
Casio WK3500 22lbs, 10kg, 76keys with good key feel.
Casio can do it!!!!
Starkeeper

#106556 - 02/11/05 06:43 PM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
grandpa tom Offline

Loc: Prescott, WI, USA
I have been monitoring this discussion that appears to have no happy ending. We have all played many different keyboards. Each one is unique in its' own way. Different touch, different feel, different weight, etc. What do we do? We ADAPT because we like the features of our chosen instrument. Are you a worse player because of the presumed inferiority of the keyboard itself? I doubt it, or you wouldn't even bother posting on this forum. Personally, I have played Yamaha uprights, Hammond B-3's, Roland Arrangers, Lowrey Organs, Yamaha Clavinovas & PSR's, Casios and even my 1910 Player Piano (that's a handful to play). Every one of these instruments feels different. Am I a worse player because of feel? NO ! I adapt to that keyboard and its' characteristics. If you wish to buy the keyboard feel first and then the features, that's great. But you are not probably going to find the perfect feel in an arranger type keyboard. Of you want the feel of a 9' Yamaha or Steinway, you're not going to get that at a bargain price or weight. Anyhow, I had to weigh in on this one (no pun intended).

TJ

#106557 - 02/12/05 10:04 AM Re: Good Keyboard feel and action - What does it Cost?
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA
I have the DGX 305. The good key-feel was one of the main points that sold me on it.
It is not weighted, and yet it's tactile response is much better that all the other non-weighted keys I have tried. Firmer, less mushy...it's hard to describe except to say that I like it.

I am no expert in this area. I would like to hear from one of you who has tried a lot of different keybeds, including the DGX 305 or 505. How do you experienced players feel about the touch on this board?

JDW

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online