SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106399 - 11/21/06 09:03 AM Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

I hope so its a crucial feature for a player singer?

#106400 - 11/21/06 09:53 AM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Damn, Donny, are you psychic? I was about to ask the same thing.

Also, will Linux run all my existing Windows software?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#106401 - 11/21/06 11:23 AM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Yes, there is a Vocalist for the Mediastation. Domenik was describing the features to me this morning. The developers have the code almost finished.

The Mediastation vocalist will have 8 voices. Each voice will have it's own
slider to control the volume. Each voice will also have it's own panpot,reverb send, chorus send, and filter; with unlimited presets.

The GUI will have 8 face icons, the layout will be similar to the T.C. Helicon Harmony 4, but with everything doubled (8 instead of 4). Hey when Lionstracs does something they go all out. LOL

Each voice will have the ability to be transposed 1 octave ( +/-12 ). The harmonies will follow the chords played on the Mediastation's keyboard.

The vocalist will probably make it into the mediastations OS around mid January, after it has had time for testing.

The Mediastation just keeps getting better and better!

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-21-2006).]

#106402 - 11/21/06 02:21 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Damn, Donny, are you psychic? I was about to ask the same thing.

Also, will Linux run all my existing Windows software?

Al, sorry didn't mean to skip your question.
Linux runs windows type programs through either WINE or FST support for VSTi's.

The compatability can vary with different programs. Kontakt 2 seems to work very well and many more have been reported to run as expected. I think that there is a site where you can check the ones that have already been tested. http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
You can check out the list there

Hope that helps

Richard

#106403 - 11/21/06 02:37 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

Richard thanx for the info on the
Voc harmonizer...little by little the MS is becoming the best All IN ONE ALWAYS GETTIN BETER KB on the PLANET!!!

#106404 - 11/21/06 02:49 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
If the upcoming Mediastation Vocal Harmonizer shifts pitch like the Audio/MP3 Player does, then its going to be incredible. The Audio/MP3 pitch shift and timestretch features on the Mediastation are some of the best I've ever heard. Its amazing how much you can change pitch and still have it sound natural. That's what separates a real pitch algorithm from one that's worthless.

#106405 - 11/21/06 05:05 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

Why isnt there more excitement about the MS? The open design really makes sense in the long run ....could the price be the reason?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-21-2006).]

#106406 - 11/21/06 05:12 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Dnj Offline

I gotta get my hands on a MS asap.....

#106407 - 11/21/06 05:35 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
If the upcoming Mediastation Vocal Harmonizer shifts pitch like the Audio/MP3 Player does, then its going to be incredible. The Audio/MP3 pitch shift and timestretch features on the Mediastation are some of the best I've ever heard. Its amazing how much you can change pitch and still have it sound natural. That's what separates a real pitch algorithm from one that's worthless.

Ensnare You, I couldn't agree with you more. The pitch shift on the audio/mp3 player does sound very natural. I have listened to recordings with vocals included and was completely amazed at how great they sounded even shifted several steps with no noticeable degradation in the sound quality.

If the vocalist uses the same technology it will be a killer app!

Richard

#106408 - 11/21/06 11:08 PM Re: Does The Mediastation have a Vocal Harmonizer?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
DNJ there isnt more excitement about the MS simply because of the lack of marketing. People cannot try an MS unless they buy one, they can only hear an MS through the online demos's which have not really given justice to the sound of the instrument because of the poor quality recordings. People are not sure what sounds they will get with the board on purchase or the quality of those sounds (most GM sounds are inferior to any proprietory instruments sounds ) As an arranger it is unclear as to the quality of styles the ms comes shipped with. Liontrcs is not a huge company and most people i suspect are fearful of the product support that they might get after purchase if a problem crops up with the instrument. Who do they send it to for repairs ? How long would it take to get the instrument back ? What cost ? And lastly the mediastation sounds like a really complex machine that will require the user to purchase additional sounds and styles to make it sound great and the user fears that there may a steep learning curve on purchase and additional expenditure on souds and styles. There are no clear marketing messages as to which target market this instrument is best for and it seems to be promoted on its technological advancement which is great but those technological features need to be related in clear benefit statements to the intended market.

I suspect that once some of the users report back with more glowing reports about the instrument in actual use and sales pick up, Dom will be able to afford more professional marketing done to promote the instrument. We will then be able to get brochures and good demos to inspire confidence in the instrument and the promised open ended support and continuous improvement from liontracs.

There is an article being writen in the next few weeks by one of the keyboard magazines comparing the MS and other keyboards in its class. If the article comes out favourable then i believe you wil see some real excitement about the product

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online