SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#106168 - 11/14/03 09:47 AM PA1-X for sale
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
it's not mine, I just wanted to know what you think, is it ligit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572969252&category=38089

#106169 - 11/14/03 10:03 AM Re: PA1-X for sale
Dnj Offline

WHY IS THERE 11 FEEDBACKS FROM THE SAME PERSON? Hmmmmmmmm?
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jonipro

#106170 - 11/14/03 10:21 AM Re: PA1-X for sale
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
This is not Legit. These are the same
people who have tried to sell the Tyros
new for $1300. If you answer they will tell
you that they are now located in Spain. They
will also tell you you must send money just
to bid.
Bruce

#106171 - 11/14/03 12:15 PM Re: PA1-X for sale
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I emailed the party. I don't expect a reply though.

Best regards,
Mike

#106172 - 11/14/03 03:10 PM Re: PA1-X for sale
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
I wrote the seller, a Joni Probandt and
suggested that this was a scam and that they
try to earn an honest living. I actually
received a reply accusing me of having no proof. I responded by asking for the Serial # of the unit and a picture of her holding the unit. I also told her I would buy her a digital camera to do this if she did not have one. Since location says U.S. I said
I would hand deliver the cash (when they
tried to sell Tryros they changed location
to Spain). I even offered to use Escrow
payment (absorbing all costs). Heck if I
can get a PAX-1 for $2,200 I'll be way ahead of the game. By the way the Description of
the PAX-1 on Ebay says there are 88 keys.
Bruce

#106173 - 11/14/03 07:19 PM Re: PA1-X for sale
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Well I too got a response for this supposed Pa1X Pro on e-Bay. Here is her??? response:

From Joni Probandt:

>Hello there,
first of all i must inform you that i`m an exchange student and i`m in Bulgaria.
The keyboard is new and was bought two weeks ago from u.s., as gift for my birthday.
The price is 2200 and i think is very cheap but i have no other option because me and my father had a fight and toke my credit cards. That`s the reason that i'm forced to sell the keyboard so cheap. Because of that i'm forced to accept only money orders because i can't use my credit cards and bank account or other intruments that I usually use for payment.
I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment.
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my keyboard.<

I smell a rat!!! She lives in Bulgaria?? What a joke! The place of residence on her??? profile says Sophia USA. Sophia is in West Virginia. And she??? lives in Bulgaria by her??? own statement. Only accepts Money Orders.. Another antenna raiser. She?? said the Pa1X Pro was purchased in the U.S.!?!?!!? How could that possibly be when they have NOT YET been sited ANYWHERE in the United States???

Total fraud. And I agree that it's probably the same people that tried to sell a suppposed Tyros. I hope Scott Langholff sees this thread. He has a way about getting e-Bay personnel to listen and respond to his queries. This is another typical scam and it happens on e-Bay ALL the time. As we speak people are getting ripped OFF big time! It's time e-Bay get their act together and make their online Auction house a place of respect, privacy, security, and safety for their customers. This is just NO WAY for an online company to do business. And they've gotten away with it for far too long IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

#106174 - 11/14/03 10:09 PM Re: PA1-X for sale
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
They're trying new ways to appear legitimate this time. Leaving the country set to United States may have been a mistake (or deliberate to inspire confidence in U.S buyers) but Sofia is actually the capital of Bulgaria.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online