SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#105907 - 03/17/03 07:31 PM New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Had an off day Sunday, one where I didn't have to play a single note--something that just doesn't seem to feel right for an old codjer like me. Therefore, I put together another gig-disk, which is now availble at www.psrtutorial.com .

Essentially, the gig disks are style files that have been renamed as song titles that seem appropriate for that particular style file. There are 32 songs/styles on the latest disk and all have OTS settings. The beauty of a gig disk is you can use it in place of the MFD and access new style files directly from the floppy in a matter of seconds. This nearly eliinates dead time between songs, plus you can put several disks together as individual sets for a specific job. I just finished playing another double today, my butt is dragging, but the disks made the jobs go a lot faster and everyone complemented about how smoothly everything went.

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105908 - 03/19/03 07:22 AM Re: New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
travlin'easy Offline

It has recently been brought to my attention that there is a problem with the gig disks I posted on www.psrtutorial.com This ocurred while trying to load the styles into the memory of the PSR-740. Not only will the styles not load, but additionally, they cause the keyboard to lock up and the only way to restore its operation is to turn the keyboard off, then do a factory reset by holding down the far, right-hand key as you turn the machine back on. This, of course, also results in the loss of any and all stored data.

The problem with these disks is they were designed specifically for the PSR-2000 and they contain OTS settings. Without the OTS information, the styles will load just fine. In the near future, I hope to post copies of disk #1 and #2 without OTS settings, which will make them compatable with the PSR-740 and all other keyboards that can utilize .sty files.

Cheers,

Gary

#105909 - 03/19/03 03:18 PM Re: New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Thanks for a job well done!!!

I have downloaded the disks and tried them. There is some really great material on them. All the styles and OTS settings are very good, and have nice combinations ,DSP settings etc. Some of the others are really outstanding.

I like the gig-disk idea very much. In addition to the disks, I still have to use registrations on certain songs to be able to transpose the key for the singer, and call up footpedal settings. A tip that was suggested by another member was to put an "*" in the registration name as a reminder to call up a style from disk ( with the same name as the registration).

Some of my best material has come from Joe W's PSR2000 site.

Regards,

Jerry

#105910 - 03/19/03 03:54 PM Re: New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Gary.......I downloaded your disk #2 last night and spent 3 hours jammin' with it!
Thanks AGAIN! charley

#105911 - 03/19/03 04:52 PM Re: New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys and gals for the complements. I'll begin on #3 next week and I'm really glad you've enjoyed the first two.

Cheers,

Gary

#105912 - 03/19/03 05:14 PM Re: New gig disk available for PSR-2K users
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Your GigaDisks are awesome!!!!

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online