SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#105867 - 05/19/06 08:42 AM TYROS 2 UPGRADES Coming?
Dnj Offline

Do you think Yamaha will upgrade the T2 OS via USB or?, with some of the user requests improvements if at all possible down the road.....like Scotts MFD features, etc, etc, etc ?

#105868 - 05/19/06 10:04 AM Re: TYROS 2 UPGRADES Coming?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The updates (think I've had 2 since my purchase last November) have been very easy to do. Just download the file and put it onto your USB stick then a few button presses and Bobs your uncle, one new update.
I know Yamaha are good for listening on the various forums/sites to users comments, so fingers crossed we'll all see some good stuff soon.

#105869 - 05/19/06 10:04 AM Re: TYROS 2 UPGRADES Coming?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I talked with David at Yamaha just the other day and he indicated that the last OS update wasn't very long ago and he didn't think that there was one coming out anytime soon. I also asked him if they would be updating the driver database for the wireless adapters with any new OS update. He said that it would be something they consider at each update phase. After talking with him I got the distinct feeling that another update wasn't something they were planning on releasing anytime soon. However you never really know.

Anyway, the best way to assure that your concerns about features are addressed by Yamaha, is to let them know via e-mail. At least that way they are aware that there is something they need to consider for future updates.

Regards,

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online