SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105832 - 02/10/04 08:03 AM BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL FORUM FRIENDS,
I have now put in over two years of my life into the Technics Forum, building it, moderating it, and backing it up with a very large and busy email system. I will be age 72 in a couple more weeks and it is now time for me to begin to look inward and decide what I would like to do for my few remaining years. The forum and email lists take up all my time. I have not had free time for other interests for a long time.
Thanks to all of you for your support and to Nigel for giving us this fine place to congregate.
I will always look forward to reading your posts, listening to your music, and responding to your emails.
Best to all,
Bill Forrest
BEBOP
FORMER Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Email: bforrest@ix.netcom.com WEBSITE: http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#105833 - 02/10/04 08:48 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ... There is no way to thank you adequately for all you have done, especially for us "techies" ... But let me publicly give my personal thanks first for 'saving' us when our prior forum 'went under', and for all you've done for us here at S-Z ... Hopefully there will be another moderator who will have at least half the interest and energy you have given ...
I fully expect that you will keep your presence with us, and I wish you well in whatever endeavors you decide to spend your time in....
THANK YOU,
t.

#105834 - 02/10/04 08:59 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill, enjoy your time and use it well. Wish I could send you a watch to celebrate your "retirement". Thanks for all your work both on the Technics forum and here as well.
DonM

#105835 - 02/10/04 10:37 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bebop, Much gratitude to you for all the years of work you've dedicated to 'bringing' Technics players worldwide to the Synthzone Technics forum. You may be retiring as the forum moderator, but lucky for us, this will hopefully allow you more time to devote to organizing a possible upcoming project: a regional Synthzone Member (convention?) gathering at your mobile estates clubhouse in San Jose, CA. Bebop and I have been tossing around this idea around a bit, so hopefully (with enough member interest) it can now finally happen. I myself am interested in both attending, and participating. Here are two proposed 'weekend dates' that I'd like to throw out as possible event gathering dates.

Weekend of: May 22/23rd
Weekend of: Sept 11/12th

I chose these specific weekends because they're the weekend 'prior' to and 'after' the major holidays: Memorial Day & Labor Day, so should afford less travel congestion & good hotel availability.

Bebop, is your clubhouse still available on either of the above dates? How many other members here would be interested in coming to a Synthzone get together in San Jose, CA (1 hour south of San Francisco) on those dates?

Scott

#105836 - 02/10/04 10:56 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Enjoy your retirement Bill--it only last until the grandchildren arrive for supper!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105837 - 02/10/04 11:49 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
trtjazz Offline

Bebop Bill,
Great job and thanks for your continuing efforts. Happy 72 ahead of time.
Now go and JAM ON!
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#105838 - 02/10/04 12:51 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Bebop, 72?
Wow! I had no idea!
I have enjoyed reading your posts this last month or so I have been lurking around here and look forward to you future posts as well.

Enjoy your well earned retirement!!

------------------
The old Newb

#105839 - 02/10/04 04:14 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Happy retirement, there Bebop ! I am not a Technics owner but wish you the best. Loof forward to meet you at the synthzone conference.

Scott, I will be interested to go to the synthzone arranger conference. At the least, I will bring some food or something for munchies. Maybe post this separately. What events we will be having ? How many days ? How about an arranger playing contest with some prizes might be fun huh ?

#105840 - 02/10/04 04:23 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Lukitoh, some great ideas you got there. You should be put in charge of the organizing committee.

Please check and post on the following thread dedicated to the the West Coast Synthzone get together topic: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008391.html

Scott

#105841 - 02/10/04 05:20 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thank you for all your hard work, Bill. I know you are an active member on a few boards. Your work here on the SZ has been much appreciated. We know you will still be with us, and we're looking forward to your latest posts and comments.

Cass

#105842 - 02/10/04 10:43 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much BEBOP !!!! You really are a special guy who has helped so many other Arranger Keyboard owners.

You have done such a sterling job cultivating the Technics Forum that has really come alive since you became Moderator. I know we will still be seeing more of you on the forums in the future and we all wish you well for your upcoming 72nd birthday. Please enjoy the extra time you will have to spend with your family and music.

PS. It sounds like I may meet you in the near future if the Synth Zone meet in San Jose comes together.

#105843 - 02/11/04 10:22 AM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
BEBOP Offline

Thank you all for your posts here. You are really a special bunch of people on this GA forum. I also thank the 141 people that sent me personal emails yesterday. I am slowly answering them one at a time. I will get to everyone and thank you.
Looking forward to meeting many of you at our SynthZone JAM We are going to have a ball for sure.
Best to all
Bebop

#105844 - 02/11/04 08:07 PM Re: BEBOP WILL NO LONGER BE MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Thanks so much BEBOP !!!! You really are a special guy who has helped so many other Arranger Keyboard owners.

You have done such a sterling job cultivating the Technics Forum that has really come alive since you became Moderator. I know we will still be seeing more of you on the forums in the future and we all wish you well for your upcoming 72nd birthday. Please enjoy the extra time you will have to spend with your family and music.

PS. It sounds like I may meet you in the near future if the Synth Zone meet in San Jose comes together.

Thank you Nigel for the good words you wrote above. I do appreciate what you have posted.
It has been an interesting learning curve for an old f--t but also a growth period and a time of learning from my peers in these forums. In most instances it has been a real joy to be so involved in the Tehcnics Forum.
I don't think I would ever do it again but I sure would not miss the chance to do it once. That is so true of the many things I have done in my life.
Best to you and yours and all the fine members of the SynthZone Forum. I am thankful to have been part of the legend that will always be a part of keyboard history.
PS: I am really looking forward to seeing you at our Synthzone Jam in San Jose in May.
BEBOP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online