SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#105672 - 06/11/03 03:04 AM Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi, does any of you in the US know what's New in the New OS 1.05 upgrade for Genesys.

This upgrade is on CD I just got it last week it was released on 5/12/2002.

I would like to hear from you guy if this is a major Upgrade or not.

Thx for any help.

Tony.

#105673 - 06/11/03 01:27 PM Re: Genesys OS
Tommy64 Offline

Loc: Randers Denmark
Hi,

These are the release notes for the OS 1.05:
SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTE
MODEL: GENESYS
RELEASE: V 1.05 DATE: 05-12-2002

Description of Improvements

* Player section:
Setting "OFF" the Auto Play function, it is now possible to start the next selected song just pressing the [ENTER] key, instead of pressing Stop and then Play.

* Player section:
The "Keyboard Mode" is now active while playing Midifiles and it is possible to use any Sound Preset to play along, either in full keyboard or split mode.

* Player section:
All the Player functions have been improved and now the Player opens any folder, for files viewing and selecting, quicker than before.

* General:
The overall operating speed of the instrument has been increased

------------------
Regards
Tommy

#105674 - 06/11/03 01:47 PM Re: Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

Thanks Tommy for your reply, I appreciate it, I got the reply from Mr Mirabella of Genereal Music italy as well.
Well Just a short note this update for me was irrelavant cause I already had these updates on 2 separate floppy Disks, what they did is they have put them all together on a CD. They Still haven't solve other serious problems there is in the Genesis os system.

Tony

#105675 - 06/11/03 11:38 PM Re: Genesys OS
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Ziggy, What serious problems?

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#105676 - 06/12/03 03:46 AM Re: Genesys OS
Tommy64 Offline

Hi Paul!
We "meet" before in GEM Forum. Unfortunately not many seems to know that forum, so I try here. One of the purposes of a forum is exchanging experiences, I think.
I find the import of midifiles frustrating. The Genesys seems to have a mind of its on, when you play it as song. The sounds are changed in a maner I cannot see through!

When working with memories I have experieced strange behavior. A memory is saved on basis of a style. I start by selecting memory and start the style. So far every hing is ok. Then i want to change sound by selecting a sound preset, which I take is the basic idea for this section, and suddenly the drums are changed ect. If you do this during a gig you are certain of getting the crowds attention!

That is all for now, i need to think of more unspecified program facilities.
(In general I am still very pleased with the keyboard)

------------------
Regards
Tommy

#105677 - 06/12/03 05:58 AM Re: Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

I will fullfill you with many problems in the os I am just corrisponding with Mr Marbella but tonight when I come back I'll try to bring to your attention many problems, these are all related to Midi songs and not in the style section.
There are some big problems when performing live . Even the os is not stable at all, you have re install from the CD the os cause even the one the the hard disk get corrupted.But I try to be more in detail later on.

#105678 - 06/12/03 03:28 PM Re: Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

Before I start I don't want anybody thinking that this is a crap keyboard cause it's not, all it needs is a little touches so it will be surely the best on the market.

I wan to start firstly on what the company should work on.

1. Since you can play MP3, Wave files, CD, Styles, and Midi Songs, and there is separete REAL Time volume sliders for each I was really hoping that you could slid say from MP3 to midi song or wave to Style, this is not so, when performing live as most of you know ever split second counts so there wont be no silence in between.

2. if you change from midi song to MP3 again the music stops, you can't highlight the next song if it is not in the same GENERA......NOT GOOD.

3. SCASI you can only connect an OMEGA Zip or Jaz Drive to the SCASI interface and again only for uploading and download, you can't play direct from the Jaz or zip Drives, You can't used the SCASI to transfer data between the Keyboard and the Computer.

4. Hard Disk 2.4 gigs you can't upgrade it to say 10 gig cause no softwear is available yet.

5. Say you where playing a midi song and after that song you need to go to styles, you can't just go you styles so you Que the style you want to use next, because if you do that the MIDI SONG will stop.

FAULTS

1. The os is not stable as said by my friend it has a mind of it's own nd it seems to get corrupted easley. I am going to point out what happend to mine so I guess there are more than what I am about to say.

1. when the os get buged first thing I get is that the Harmoniser start changing from say Vocoder to Unison and vice versa plus the sound goes sky hight and you know what that means.....GREAT FEEDBACK

2. when you are in Midi song and you are in the hard disk in folder SAY A ok, and while the song is playing you need to Que a song from say folder B the first song you highlight in folder B wont play, so if you press the play button the song of folder A will once more start, to solve this problem you have to highlight another song in that folder and go back to the first one....Very Frustrating but the only alternative.

3.this one is a big problem with the Volume Sliders. there seem to be something in the Midi song even those from Gem that trigers the STYLES Lamp when in LYRICS window instead of the Sequencer Lamp. so if you are playing a song while in the Lyrics window the REAL Time sliders wont work, to do so you have to go to the MIXER window and then it's ok they FUNCTION, mind you not all the files do this but there is a lot that do it.

Those are the once that come into mind

END: After all I said I have to say that the sounds in this keyboard are OUTSTANDING so for those of you who are thinking about buying a Genesys go for it because this keyboard got class in it, I hope that General Music solve these small difects in the OS I have heard that there is another update 1.10 so I'll keep you posted when I get it. Please if any of you have any questions don't hesitate to ask I have been Giging with Genesys for these last 7 1/2 months so I guess I have a first hand experience on it.

Tony.

#105679 - 06/13/03 03:30 AM Re: Genesys OS
Tommy64 Offline

More "bugs"
I have experienced the TALK OVER function is deactivated randomly. That is when on suddenly it goes of.

------------------
Regards
Tommy

#105680 - 06/13/03 09:07 AM Re: Genesys OS
PaulD Offline

There is another O.S. update in the works, and I understand that it is almost ready for release. The playing midi files changing sounds, there is a way to turn off the auto change feature, which when I have played midi files, seems to choose a better sound than the stock general midi sound, but I can see where this could choose for instresting sounds instead of what should be choosen. I don't have my genesys setup, so I can't walk you thru how to turn this off this morning, but if you want, I will set it up this evening and create a walk thru on how to turn this feature off.

All the other "Bugs" that aren't random, could you give me a step by step of how you can create the problem, so that I can report it to the genesys design lab and get it corrected.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#105681 - 06/13/03 09:21 AM Re: Genesys OS
PaulD Offline

After reading my own post, which I guess I should read them before I post, seemed to be a little demanding, and less appolgetic and sympathic to your issues with the instrument, which I can assure you is not the case. I would like to have this be the best instrument that you will ever own. The problem as you can probably imagine that without exact step by step, of how to create the glitch, some times it is impossible to find that little bugger.

Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online