SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105361 - 09/27/04 08:45 AM Tyros extinct in the Midwest
CandyLuv Offline

Loc: Burlington, Ia USA
What's an arranger keyboard player from the midwest to do?
I must be the only one who plays and gig's with an arranger around here. I am interested in trying out the psr 3000 and the tyros and there is no dealer that I can find within the Tri-state area that has either one on their floor.
I know could probably get one searching the internet but I would really love to play one or the other first to see which one would fit my needs the best.

#105362 - 09/29/04 04:22 PM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Carrie,

We're trying to locate a dealer for you.

Steve Deming

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#105363 - 09/30/04 10:06 PM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
MrEd Offline

Hi Carrie.

If you don't find something closer, try Guitar Center (Burbank,IL 60459). A sales guy called me from there last week to inform me that they had a new 3000 and also a tradein 3000 which they were asking $1000 for. Earlier tonight, I saw a Tyros on display at the Guitar Center in Villa Park,IL 60181. If you're going to pursue these and need help getting in touch, let me know.

To everyone else, I'd like to say hello and thank you very much for all of the news, links, info, music and great conversations that I have enjoyed reading, seeing and hearing for a long time now. Tonight, I thought that I would step out (by becoming a member) and very sincerely say, THANK YOU ALL.

#105364 - 10/01/04 07:42 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Ed and Carrie, and welcome. Hope you find one to try out.
DonM

#105365 - 10/01/04 08:34 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
Beakybird Offline

Hi Mr. Ed. I'm from Lisle, IL, a western suburb of Chicago. It's nice to see a local on the forum.

There is a Sam Ash in Lombard right down the street from that Guitar Center in Villa Park. They usually stock Yamaha arrangers too.

Good luck finding a keyboard Carrie.

Beakybird

#105366 - 10/01/04 09:18 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
In times past I have had to drive hundreds of miles to try out certain keyboards because my local dealers will only carry the most popular (and boring) models. However the internet now provides enough information/demos/reviews/forums that with effort you can generally decide what features you really need and narrow your choices. Then you can order a keyboard from a dealer who will accept it on a 30 or 45 day return if you find that you don't like the instrument. All that will cost you is postage to return it, which is less than you would spend on a long trip to a dealer anyway.

Think of the advantage this gives you as a performer - you'll be the only one in your area with a Tyros or a PSR3000! I play a Yamaha 9000 Pro and noone else in my region has one.

#105367 - 10/01/04 09:30 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have the only Tyros around also. People often ask how much it cost, and I tell them less than $10,000.
DonM

#105368 - 10/01/04 09:55 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by CandyLuv:
I am interested in trying out the psr 3000 and the tyros and there is no dealer that I can find within the Tri-state area that has either one on their floor.
I know could probably get one searching the internet but I would really love to play one or the other first to see which one would fit my needs the best.

Carrie,

I recommend you go ahead and purchase a PSR3000 and/or Tyros an internet dealer such as "Music123":
http://www.music123.com/

as they allow you to return within 30 days for a FULL REFUND if FOR ANY REASON you decide you don't want it.

Unfortunately, because of the higher price and limited customer demand, hi-end model arrangers are not normally stocked in BIG box music stores of even the major metropolitan areas like mine (San Francisco). I purchased my Tyros from 'Music123' because of their reputation for good customer service as well as their risk free 30 day RETURN policy. I of course ended up loving & keeping the Tyros I got from them, but have had to return other items I purchased from them in the past, and promptly received a full refund (credit applied back to my credit card) with no questions asked.

Carrie, another dealer person that I've purchased from, and HIGHLY RECOMMEND, is our own SZ buddy Dan O'Neil:
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=DanO1

who owns Keyboard City:
http://www.keyboardcity.net/

Dan's not only honest, but he'll will give you a real good deal to boot. As a longtime member of our forum himself, he always pays particular attention to taking care of Synthzone members.

As a former Technics KN5000 player myself, I'm confident you're going to really love the Tyros. I did. I felt it was a big move up in sounds & styles. - Scott

#105369 - 10/01/04 10:11 AM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi Carrie.
I can also commiserate with you. I have been hoping to see/hear in person a psr-anything over the psr-550 which was the only one I could find anywhere in Milwaukee area, that is until last week.
Last weekend finally a store called to inform me they had gotten in a tyros, psr3000, and psr1500.
All I can say is Wow!
Though some recent financial and other setbacks won't allow me to purchase one of those boards for a while yet, I have just yesterday closed a wonderful deal with Deaton, and will be receiving in the not too distant future his psr-2100. I think It will more than satisfy me for a long while and at the same time familiarize me with the yamaha OS etc.

I sure hope you get to demo one of these very sweet instruments soon.

------------------
The old Newb

#105370 - 10/01/04 02:43 PM Re: Tyros extinct in the Midwest
CandyLuv Offline

Loc: Burlington, Ia USA
Thanks for all the great ideas. After hours of collecting all the information I could on the Tyros (forums/demos/etc)...I have decided that this is the keyboard for me.
I have also decided to go the route of purchasing one through the internet and have found Dave from emusicgear to be very helpful and informative in my decision.
My new "bundle of joy" should be arriving in about a week and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!
You are right "The Pro"....I will be the only one (that I know of) in my area with a Tyros and hopefully that will give me an edge...we have alot of bands in this area and I can't afford to feed an entire band! But with the Tyros....I have the band without the fuss!!!!
Thanks again to all!
Musically Yours,
Carrie from Iowa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online