SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#105022 - 03/03/00 11:51 PM Jammer question
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I have a question to all of you Jammer afficionados:

While looking for a better sequencer, I wandered over to the Soundtrek web site and saw a good deal on Jammer Pro (upgrading from BIAB). However, I have a couple of questions, which I am hoping you can answer for me:

1. I am looking for a sequencer with good realtime notation capabilities - I'd like to display each of the 16 MIDI channels on their own staff of the score. Does Jammer Pro (or Live) support this?

2. Do you know if the auto-accompaniment functions of Jammer Live are also found in Jammer Pro? or are they unique to Live?

3. Do you know if the Jammer Pro (or Live) support standard sequencer functions like step editing, etc.

I am primarily interested in the sequencer functions, but the auto-accompaniment may be useful in editing styles for my Roland G1000 (and it may also be fun to play with).

Best regards,
Alex

#105023 - 03/05/00 04:38 AM Re: Jammer question
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Alex

Jammer Pro has autoaccompaniment like Band In A Box does. It is automatic in that you do not have to play all the parts, but it does not follow chord changes in real time like Jammer "Live" (which you can read as "real time") or arranger keyboards do.

I cannot answer as to the sequencer question.

Clif

#105024 - 03/05/00 05:48 AM Re: Jammer question
Heinrich Offline

hi, Alex,

to answer your third question: I think, it does. Visit the soundtrec homepage, they have an interesting demo of jammer pro with quite some audio files. It will answer your questions.
regards

Heinrich

#105025 - 03/06/00 12:10 AM Re: Jammer question
elle Offline

Alex,

>1. I am looking for a sequencer with good realtime notation capabilities - I'd like to display each of the 16 MIDI channels on their own staff of the score. Does Jammer Pro (or Live) support this?

No staff view yet but it does have Piano Rolls and Event Editors.

>2. Do you know if the auto-accompaniment functions of Jammer Live are also found in Jammer Pro? or are they unique to Live?

PRO has similar features but more compositional controls. LIVE has a newer
composition engine though. The next version of PRO (5) will have the new composition engine from LIVE and the two programs will be able to share styles.

>3. Do you know if the Jammer Pro (or Live) support standard sequencer functions like step editing, etc.

LIVE has a piano roll editor, transposition, and quantizing for working on style riffs.
PRO has piano rolls, event lists, controller fills, time shifts, transpose, velocity scaling, velocity compression/expansion, chord detection, harmonizers, duplicators, a tracks window and a measures window for song
arranging, but doesn't have step entry yet.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online