SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#104842 - 12/20/04 11:13 PM O.T. A Christmas Carol
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
I love to watch "A Christmas Carol" with Alistair Sim, every year.
This year I have to tape it 'cos we're gigging, but I wonder how many out there are aware of the "mirror" scene. Do you know what I'm referring to? When Scrooge wakes up from his dream, and his visits with the three ghosts of Christmas, he goes to a sink to wake himself up. Here's the "mirror" scene....look in the mirror, and watch the stage hand peeking out from behind a curtain. It's repeated 2 or 3 times. It was left in the original and you can still see it today.
I love the film, but the "mirror" scene, is my favourite part.
Just thot I'd share that with you.
Merry Christmas...and Happy New Year...
Now I gotta go....and pack up my Gear!!
...L

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 12-20-2004).]

#104843 - 12/21/04 04:49 AM Re: O.T. A Christmas Carol
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
LOL...thanks for that tip.

I have setup my Digital Video Recorder to tape that show tonight at 6:30 pm onthe AMC channel here in New York on Time Warner Cable. The DVR (TiVo) have revolutionized our TV Watching. We've only had it a month, and already we have been able to shift our TV watching dramatically.

My wife and I rarely have the same nights off to spend some time snuggling on the couch watching our favorite shows. Now with the DVR, we can record our favorites and when we are both free, pop-open a bottle of wine and enjoy our shows.

But, the Christmas Carol as well as It's a Wonderful Life, are my favorite Christmas shows of all time.

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 12-21-2004).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online