SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#104606 - 08/30/01 06:39 AM Any news on the 9000PRO Upgrade
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
A couple of months back, George K mentioned that Yamaha would be selling a new OS upgrade and a new Music Database. Is there any progress in this direction that anyone is aware of?

Thanks,
Steve

#104607 - 08/30/01 07:29 AM Re: Any news on the 9000PRO Upgrade
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Steve.
I posted a reply to a similar question from Don M. last week.
Yamaha says that the state of the update is now uncertain. The ability to play song chains is not a software update but would need to be a hardware upgrade and Yamaha has not made a decesion to go ahead with this. The keyboard will soon be replaced with a new model (next year) and doing a major hardware change might not be implemented by Yamaha. A software upgrade with a new data base and styles still might happen as well as the hardware upgrade still might happen. Yamaha is just not sure yet which route to take. This information was supplied to me by Yamaha USA.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#104608 - 08/31/01 05:38 AM Re: Any news on the 9000PRO Upgrade
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
George,

It sounds like Yamaha will simply make the 10KPRO with those additional features. I didn't see DonM's post regarding it or your reply . . . I've been so crunched for time that I rarely check the forum any more. I used to check every day but now I'm lucky if I check it once a month. I may miss some discussions but the major players are still the same. Thanks for responding, George. If there is an upgrade, I'll buy it from you.

Best Regards,
Steve

#104609 - 09/04/01 04:59 AM Re: Any news on the 9000PRO Upgrade
Dnj Offline

Just saw this post on the yamaha forum......

<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Folks,
Some news on the October 4th Upgrade which I had from theTecnical Support Department at Yamaha UK this
morning.

The new Upgrade will have the 'Chain' (medley) feature, but wouldn't reveal any other information about any
other changes.

So it will be Version 3 for the 9000 and Version 2 for the 9000 Pro.

Regards to all

Vince, Music Man.>>>>>>>>>

#104610 - 09/04/01 08:05 AM Re: Any news on the 9000PRO Upgrade
UlrichM Offline

Have also heard from the German Yamaha Support, that would make sense to look onto the Japanese PK Club web site sometimes next week...

Ulrich

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online