SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#103730 - 10/24/02 10:11 PM Yamaha Tyros Video Demo Clips: Mickey Pless (Dannish)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Checkout these Tyros demo video clips presented by terrific Dannish keyboard musician entertainer & singer Mickey Pless:
http://www.underholdningsnettet.dk/vortwebtv.htm

I had originally got this link from an earlier thread here, but I can't seem to find it now (deleted by the orginal poster?), so I thought I'd post it again. Check it out folks ! - Scott

#103731 - 10/24/02 10:54 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros Video Demo Clips: Mickey Pless (Dannish)
Dnj Offline

Very Nice Demo Scott, Thanx for sharing with us.

#103732 - 10/25/02 04:05 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros Video Demo Clips: Mickey Pless (Dannish)
trtjazz Offline

Scott,
Thanks for the link, here are my observations after watching all of the clips.
I take into account the fact that what I heard was the sound through a vid camera.

Interestingly enough, he was not using the Tyros speakers, which for a big enough room I can see playing it through a pa instead....

1.I thought the arrangements sounded great
2.The voices he played sound great
3.I thought he navigated realtime with ease, intros fills, endings etc.
4.The styles he used sounded fresh and not rehashed to me
5.In one of the demos it sounded like he was playing one of the mega voice guitars (a strat sound) to me
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-25-2002).]

#103733 - 10/25/02 07:53 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros Video Demo Clips: Mickey Pless (Dannish)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I agree that Mickey's demo sounded impressive and the Tyros delivers the goods. The styles do NOT sound canned, but instead compliment (support) the LIVE performance without getting in the way of the performer. I do have to admit though that a lot of the sounds and most of the styles appear very similar (same) as those on the PSR2000/CVP209. The BIG 'sound' improvement on the Tyros are the terrific MegaVoices.

Most interesting to see that Mickey Pless does'nt play the keyboard at all during the auto accomp solo intros of some of his songs. This is most noticeable on his rendition of 'Come Fly With Me' on the 'Medsang' video clip. He instead employs animated gestures to draw the audience's attention away from this fact. When I perform, I always prefer to make it a point to play the intro solos live to prevent giving the audience the impression that I'm performing with a karaoke backup CD. I think this highlights how important singing & stage presence is to providing a one man band arranger keyboard act the added feeling of a more LIVE exciting performance. Though a 100% instrumental arranger act can certainly be successful as well, adding vocals offers the added dimension of another LIVE musician on stage. Also, the MORE you play the keyboard (interact live) the more exciting and impressive the performance will be.

#103734 - 10/25/02 08:41 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros Video Demo Clips: Mickey Pless (Dannish)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I do have to admit though that a lot of the sounds and most of the styles appear Very similar (same) as those on the PSR2000/CVP209..and psr9000/pro

Scott, I agree totaly with your reply. I don;t hear much of a difference either.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online