SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#103460 - 03/03/07 06:54 AM 3000 midi file question
zuki Offline

What is the best way to balance and mute/erase the instruments on midi files for use in my 3000. i can't seem to save my changes from my board - do i need to do on a computer?

thanks,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#103461 - 03/03/07 10:26 AM Re: 3000 midi file question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The quickest and easiest way is using Power Tracks and your PC. However, this can also be done on the keyboard as well using the onboard Song Creator software and the mixing console. Just load the song, then press Digital Recording/Song Creator, then tab to Channel and press the Mixing Console button repeatedly until you see the first 8 midi channels displayed at the bottom of the screen. This reveals the volume sliders, panpots and individual instruments. Each row can be accessed by pressing the button to the right or left of the row. Volume changes and panpot chantes are made using the individual number buttons at the bottom of the display. If you wish to change an instrument, say the type of lead, which if frequently on midi channel 4, press the "H" button (voice) then press the top of the #4 button and page of instruments containing that voice will open.

After making any volume or voice changes, exit to the channel page, press Execute, then press save and give the file a new name so you do not overwrite the orriginal.

That's all there is to it,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#103462 - 03/03/07 01:33 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, that's all there is to it........wow, a great live procedure...So Zuki, you wanted to jump ship

#103463 - 03/03/07 01:43 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Last night, a guest singer wanted to do a tune that I normally do..I had to transpose the sequence up 5 half steps..destroying the bass range....Thankfully my Roland DisCover 5 is designed for live situations..click on a single button , and change the octave for the bass part, with a single touch...no glitches or worry..

When it comes to sequence play [or any live alterations]...Roland still rules..

Just an observation, don't make more out of it.

I think you Yammie guys could even appreciate the benefits of the realtime control on Rolands...Ketron, are fairly good at this too, but not as good..

#103464 - 03/03/07 01:49 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I think at one time they built them for live performing musicians now I think most build them for hobbyists.

#103465 - 03/03/07 03:01 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
I think at one time they built them for live performing musicians now I think most build them for hobbyists.

I respectfully disagree! The 3000 is a dream machine for live play. It is going extremely well (now if I can just remember the words like Donny!)

THANKS GARY

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#103466 - 03/03/07 03:14 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
The 3000 is a great machine but I think a lot of us have a wish list of features that used to be included, in one keyboard or another, that has been discontinued or buried.
"The talk button?", chord sequencer?
But they put in that internet thing, what is it IDC ?
Maybe I'm wrong.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 03-03-2007).]

#103467 - 03/03/07 03:18 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
travlin'easy Offline

Glad I could help Zuki. And, ditto for the 3000 for live performances. Fran's just jealous because he sold his and no one will lend him one to play. Plus, his hernia from lugging the G-1000 is giving him a fit. Rumor has is that he's getting a small fork-lift for his birthday.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#103468 - 03/03/07 04:23 PM Re: 3000 midi file question
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My technics kn6000 does ALL of this live, and as easy as can be ... DAMN, I don't know why they had to stop manufacturing these great boards .... .....
t.

#103469 - 03/04/07 06:37 AM Re: 3000 midi file question
travlin'easy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
The 3000 is a great machine but I think a lot of us have a wish list of features that used to be included, in one keyboard or another, that has been discontinued or buried.
"The talk button?", chord sequencer?
But they put in that internet thing, what is it IDC ?
Maybe I'm wrong.

Mike,

Unfortunately, even as a collective group we have little or no impact upon the design characteristics and features of new keyboards. And, while there were lots of neat features that were eliminated, there were a host of new features on all brands of the newer arranger keyboards that have really proved beneficial. IDC (Internet Direct Connection), however, is still in its infancy and currently the jury is still out when it comes to whether or not this feature will provide performers with any advantages.

A good workaround for the Talk button is to set this feature into a registration. It's easy to do and it can be combined with other functions as well.

The same is true with various foot-pedal function. A single foot pedal becomes a multi-function foot pedal with the use of registrations.

Lots of neat, new things, but like many of us I sure miss some of the old ones.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online