SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#103458 - 01/12/02 07:27 AM PLEASE help me - MIDI problems
JimJamJammin Offline

Loc: Surrey, England
I have two music sequencers. One is called Audition (it's not well known, but I like to use it because it's so easy to use) while the other is Cubasis VST.

I recently upgraded to Windows XP, and wished I hadn't. Audition still almost works perfectly, except when I try to print, it comes up with a printing settings page. Whether I press Cancel or OK, the same setting page comes up, and I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get rid of the program, because there's no other way of exiting.
I was a little cheesed off, but decided to use Cubasis VST to print instead.
It doesn't work with XP! It says that it's only intended for Windows 2000 or earlier. I tried downloading something off the internet but it didn't work, and it said it could not detect Cubasis on my computer.

Cringe..........

Anyway, if anyone has had this problem and knows a solution, I'll appreciate some help.

Oh, and a question.
How do you select the voices on the keyboard from a sequencer? I know they have different bank numbers, but it seems most of the sounds are unattainable. As I said, I can't use Cubasis to try adjusting the bank (why are there 2 different bank numbers?) and although you can select the bank on Audition, it seems to have no effect.
Help would be gratefully accepted.

#103459 - 01/12/02 09:09 AM Re: PLEASE help me - MIDI problems
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Jamie,
I too have upgraded to Windows XP but have kept Windows 98 SE on a separate partition of my hard disk, so I can run all the programs that Windows XP doesn't recognize (like Cubasis or some of the Norton Utilities).
Re. the program change issue, on every sequencer there is the possibility to insert an event like a program change at whatever point of a midi track; you should refer to the Bank and Program map of the specific synth you are using.
Take care

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online