SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#103285 - 01/01/06 07:37 PM Running Around!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year to you all!

Ok well at long last I have written a song on my new Roland RS-70. I know that it is not an arranger but hope that you will not hold that against me.

Why I ever bought a synth is quite beyond me as writing music has always been at best a chore and probably (being realistic) a little beyond my capabilities. That's why I loved arrangers because they are the ideal tool for someone like me who has a song in his head and needs a little help to make it coherent musically. I adore writing the lyric but always find the music hard.

Anyway buy a synth I did and persistance (or pig headedness) has resulted in the song I post now! It is called Running Around and I hope you like it.

It is made up of the vocal, A piano, a (basic) bass line and a Jazz Scat voice to (hopefully) give it some depth. Try as I might I could not for the life of me lay down a drum track which is why I am keeping my fingers crossed that the other tracks give it all a bit of movement!

Please try not to listen too critically to the music as this was my first time laying down something track by track. (who am I kidding.... be as critical as you like I really don't mind!) I am seriously considering dashing out to buy an arranger after the stress of this though I will keep the RS-70 because it does have some amazing sounds on it but you can't beat an arranger imho!

Right no more waffling from me ...... here it is..... Running Around

best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 01-01-2006).]

#103286 - 01/04/06 04:46 PM Re: Running Around!
Tony W Offline

Hi There,
Well..... an amazing 62 downloads later (so my site stats tell me) and not a single 'Yay or Nay'! Surely it was not as bad as that was it????

Thankyou for listening anyway. Very gratifying that so many people would want to download it and I do realise that this is probably not the best time to illicit responses from people just getting over the seasonal rush.

Anyhow...... Just for a bit of fun I was playing around today and made a little video to go with the song (Can you tell I'm not back at work yet ). It's the same song but this time with video! I had to reduce the image quality quite a bit to make it postable but it is still watchable (if a little bit silly!)

Enjoy if you do download it (it is about 7mb)

run.wmv

Best wishes
Tony

PS: It is a bit of a slow start I know but just get the opening chorus out of the way and the song and video start properly!
------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 01-04-2006).]

#103287 - 01/04/06 05:37 PM Re: Running Around!
Dnj Offline

Tony.....very entertaining.....I got a kick out of it......put a big smile on my face.....your creativness ceases to amaze me my friend........keep it up!!

stay well

#103288 - 01/04/06 10:03 PM Re: Running Around!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello Tony W,
The song is not bad at all! Actually it became one of my favourites! It is simple and memorizable. A nice voice you have!

Last night after I've listened to 'Coming Round' I got curious and visited your site and downloaded few more songs.
You have a nice site there. I'll send you a feedback in a short time!

Regards,
George V

P.S. In my opinion, this song does not need a drum track

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 01-04-2006).]

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 01-04-2006).]

#103289 - 01/04/06 10:27 PM Re: Running Around!
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello Tony W!
I just watched the video! Amazing!
I thought that your song was fantastic but after watching the video "I'd say that goes double."

Redards,
George V

#103290 - 01/05/06 06:30 AM Re: Running Around!
Tony W Offline

Donny an George,
Many thanks for the kind words.
Glad you enjoyed my site George although it badly needs updating as it has not been done in a while.

Also pleased that you both enjoyed the 'video'. It was just a bit of fun really trying out some ideas I had about making my mp3's a little different. I am thinking of trying out flash animation next time as I think it would look better. Trouble is my skills in that area are less than wonderful......still if you don't try you don't learn!

Thanks again and really am so pleased you enjoyed the song.
Best wishes
Tony

#103291 - 01/05/06 03:54 PM Re: Running Around!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Tony ... interesting song ...not bad AT ALL ... but I always expect 'interesting' from you at the very least
I will catch the video after my DSL connection gets installed ... TOMORROW !!!
t.

#103292 - 01/06/06 06:38 AM Re: Running Around!
Tony W Offline

Thankyou very much Tony!
I quite like my stuff being described as interesting I can think of no better compliment.....(Except maybe an Ivor Novello award ....yeah like that is ever going to happen )

very best wishes
Tony

#103293 - 01/06/06 06:51 AM Re: Running Around!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great lyrics Tony, as usual. I wasn't able to download the video, but I'll try again later.
DonM

#103294 - 01/07/06 12:40 AM Re: Running Around!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
TonyW: Man! Terrific music + visual fun. I've downloaded the video (with music), converted it to MP4, and (I hope you don't mind) that I've already uploaded it to my new video enabled iPod 5g , and played it for friends to watch & hear as well. Tony, you're certainly a multi-talented creative artist & musician both. Thanks for sharing. - Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online