SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#103275 - 07/03/05 08:28 PM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
From a "reliable" source on the Yamaha Style forum:

Yes i can 100% say that Tyros 2 Is going to be released to the public in November this year. It will be previewed to the trade september/october.

Don't hold your breath for PSR3***, it will be at least 12 months AFTER the Tyros II release before this happens, so expect it to be 2007 by then

There were two pictures on the 'net', both correct. One showed martin harris (The head of RnD Content at japan) playing the new machine... Expect HDD, Poss MP3, and MegaVoiced Brass/Woodwind as well as Super articulation... and a price point of around 3k pounds.

It'd also be unlikely that you'd want to convert the styles of tyros II either, mainly due to the extra technology that it will employ... ie, it'd sound crap

I've also been reliably informed that whereas Tyros 1 was 3 times the power of PSR9000 Pro, so Tyros 2 will be 10 times the power of Tyros 1...

cheers

#103276 - 07/03/05 08:38 PM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005

I still say a good user friendly module would solve the 61, 76, 88 note issue. It would also solve the key size and touch issue. Even though I prefer the touch of the Tyros now, this would sure seem to solve the issues for others here don't you think?

This is of course if they didn't build it like the Midjay with tiny buttons and a difficult OS to get around with on the fly.

Anyway, this is exactly why I am investigating the soft synth scene. It still seems to be a pretty new field, but I feel if a few people are already successfully using this technology, then, to me it is very likely that I can use it also, once I get through the initial set up problems and new leaning curve. I look back to when I got the PSR2000. That kb took me really a long time to get used to doing a lot of the functions it could do, so I suspect the soft synth will be no differnt.

Scott Langholff

#103277 - 07/04/05 05:01 AM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Yes i can 100% say that Tyros 2 Is going to be released to the public in November this year.

So the unit will look not much different than the B2 pic, right? Hmmmm....

[This message has been edited by VegaVagga (edited 07-04-2005).]

#103278 - 07/04/05 05:02 AM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Yes i can 100% say that Tyros 2 Is going to be released to the public in November this year. It will be previewed to the trade september/october.

Don't hold your breath for PSR3***, it will be at least 12 months AFTER the Tyros II release before this happens, so expect it to be 2007 by then

There were two pictures on the 'net', both correct. One showed martin harris (The head of RnD Content at japan) playing the new machine... Expect HDD, Poss MP3, and MegaVoiced Brass/Woodwind as well as Super articulation... and a price point of around 3k pounds.

It'd also be unlikely that you'd want to convert the styles of tyros II either, mainly due to the extra technology that it will employ... ie, it'd sound crap

I've also been reliably informed that whereas Tyros 1 was 3 times the power of PSR9000 Pro, so Tyros 2 will be 10 times the power of Tyros 1...

cheers

Can you post a link to that forum? I'd love to check it out. Thx.

#103279 - 07/04/05 09:41 AM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005

#103280 - 07/22/05 09:31 PM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'M AN OWNER OF AN YAMAHA ARRANGER AND AN OLD KORG i5s. I don't know about you guys, but I do prefer Korg arrangers over those of Yamaha. Since the unveiling of the new Korg PA1X series, both come in 61 and 76 keys, one with integrated speaker system, the other one pro version without speakers, I've had the chance of playing with one and recording it in my home studio. I gotta tell you Korg has surpassed Yamaha by doing an excellent job designing not only the hardware itself, but the software and the sounds coming from their arrangers. The drum samples can actually fool you by thinking someone is actually playing a live acoustic drum. The features surpass those of the Tyros. The bass guitar samples do not sound as if they are being looped at all over and over. All in all, Korg engineers have done a super job in sampling their instruments note by note into their machines and fine-tuning those samples by sand-papering them to give you that realistic experience as if you're listening to a live band playing. The PA1X series incorporates such RX (REAL EXPERIENCE) technology, as called Mega Voices in the Yamaha Tyros, that can ultimately take your breath away!! Currently I own a PSR9000, which after playing with the PA1X starts to sound more like a toy to me than an arranger. I gotta confess though that the Tyros boasts a handsome hardware design. I like the flip-up screen, the light-up neon buttons, but the sounds do not impress me at all. The PA1X offers optional CD-R/RW drive and boasts a touch-sensitive screen as well as an XLR input and a choice of FX expansion to include the famous Antares auto-tune and mic modeling technology and a herd of other FX. This is almost a Triton Studio in an arranger keyboard!! I'm hoping in the future they'll come out with a cutting edge keyboard which can perform as both an arranger and a pro syth workstation such as the new Korg Oasys. Do you think they will ever employ this type of wishful thinking? Because if they ever do, I'm hoping they'll build one in my lifetime. I say build such machine and make sure you incorporate a 24-track recording workstation, built right on board!! AHAHAHA!!

#103281 - 07/23/05 02:42 AM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Uh, Scott, that pic totally screws up this thread, making it a PITA to read. Can you resize it? Thanks.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#103282 - 07/23/05 08:55 PM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Bill

If anyone is using Firefox, rather than Internet Explorer, as their web browser, there is an easy fix to this problem. Firefox has an extension call Zoom Image. It allows you to zoom any web image in or out. All you have to do is right click on that picture above, then choose zoom out. This shrinks the picture down and all the text in all the posts fits the the way it was supposed to. You no longer have to scroll side to side to try and read the sentence. I hate having to do that.

Course, this only works if you're using Firefox.

Tom G.

#103283 - 07/24/05 12:36 AM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Bill

If anyone is using Firefox, rather than Internet Explorer, as their web browser, there is an easy fix to this problem. Firefox has an extension call Zoom Image. It allows you to zoom any web image in or out. All you have to do is right click on that picture above, then choose zoom out. This shrinks the picture down and all the text in all the posts fits the the way it was supposed to. You no longer have to scroll side to side to try and read the sentence. I hate having to do that.

Course, this only works if you're using Firefox.

Tom G.

EDIT: Got it! That's very cool. And so fast, it's instantaneous. I didn't realize I had to download the extension. Works like a charm! But Scott should still fix his image so others aren't burdened, haha!

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 07-24-2005).]

#103284 - 07/24/05 09:52 PM Re: World Launch of Tyros 2 is October 1st 2005
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Scott should still fix his image so others aren't burdened, haha!

SemiLiveMusic, I have absolutely NO control of the disply size of the image, because I wasn't the one who uploaded the Tyros2 pic to the website (photobucket.com).

I merely 'passed on' the pic's web address link, which was posted (surprisingly enough) on the Yamaha Corp USA moderated: "Arranger Workstation" Message Board Forum: http://www.arrangerworkstation.com/forum...o=&fpart=2&vc=1

I realize the Tyros2 photo may appear (yet to only some of you) on your monitors, larger than desired, causing you to have to scroll left-right to see the entire image, but felt it WORTH the minor inconvenience in order so everyone here has the opportunity to at least get to see it.

Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online