SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#102859 - 11/16/01 06:02 AM SD-1 SEQUENCER !!!!!!!!
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have my SD-1 4 month ago
I love it.
The version 2.0 sounds better (not bass too heavy)!!!!
But the sequencer is horrible. In the version 2.0 it better but...
I think only the developper of this sequencer understand it. After 1 month on this sequencer I decide not utilise it :-(
sounds changes, the keyboard record 3 MIDI chanels at the same time an the sound flanges
So I decide to record in the SD-1 with the RECORD button the music played with style and after I edit it with a external sequencer (PC, with sonar).
But I don't now why, after few minutes, the SD1 bug and the sound do : mmmmmmmmmmmm and it don't want to play again. I switch on off.
............ VERSION 3.0 I love you ;-)

I search oriental styles for SD-1 but I don't find itttttttttttt. someone can help my
tankkss
Dan
ps: my english is very bad. I m french.
thanks for this forum its very good @++

my e mail: realvision2@wanadoo.fr

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#102860 - 11/16/01 06:12 AM Re: SD-1 SEQUENCER !!!!!!!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
OOppsss....

Maybe I did the right thing when I desided to
wait and see regarding the SD1?
It's a great keyboard to play on as far as I
could see when I had it, and hopefully the
engineers will fix this "bugs" too.

Dan, my guess is that you will turn it on
again long time before v3.0 is available.
Or is that the valid OS version already??
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#102861 - 11/16/01 06:12 AM Re: SD-1 SEQUENCER !!!!!!!!
Roel Offline

Bonjour Dan,

Where did you get the OS 2.0 ?
I saw some messages about a (french?) site on which a BETA version 2.0 is downloadable.
I expected Ketron to release an official 2.0, but until now : nothing.

I can't help you out with the sequencer problems because I never used it on the SD1.

Roel
Pays Bas

#102862 - 11/16/01 07:13 AM Re: SD-1 SEQUENCER !!!!!!!!
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes I think If someone give me all arranger, I take the SD-1. Ok there is bugs... buf I hope the SD-1 evolute. And I love to use it!
what I don't love in the SD-1: the sounds are very good because for exp, in the sound "strings", ther is 3 sound plays at the same time (3 MIDI chanel) but in midi files, the sounds are less good. (but it's better than other arranger!)
perhaps the not official version 2.0 is not realased => bugs.
if someone want it, send me some styles (oriental+++ if you have) and I send you the version 2!! :-)
I have it by my dealer in exclu.
realvision2@wanadoo.fr

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#102863 - 11/16/01 10:27 AM Re: SD-1 SEQUENCER !!!!!!!!
Maged Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
The Official SD1 software update version 2.0 is now available on Ketron website.
Here is a summary of the new version 2.0 features:

1) The Keyboard transposer is saved in the Midi file with the SONG SETUP function.

2) In the Song Play mode the Presets no longer update the effect type (Chorus, Distorsor, Delay ). In addition, the type of Reverb 1 is no longer changed by the Presets.

3) The functions Rotor On/Off and Rotor Slow/fast have been added on the Footswitch.

4) The Voice Up/Down functions on the Footswitch also scroll the sounds of the style setting.

5) The volume value on the Swell to Right function is stored in the registration.

6) Improved recognition of the Chords, addition of many Chords without fundamental bass (Rootless Chord Recognition).

7) Style Rename. Also the internal file name is updated.

8) On Arrange Mode ( Page 2 - RETRIGGER&MODE ) the INVERSION function has been added. This allows the user to modify the threshold
on which the Automatic Chords are inverted when they are managed in Parallel mode.

9) On Arranger Lock the possibility to exclude the Multifill function has been added.

10) In the Pianist mode the manual Bass excludes the Right section until the split point.

11) When the Song is stopped, the usual Song Balance value is restored, independently from the value set in the Song Setup.

12) On the Sequencer the GM MODE On/Off option has been added. (FUNCTION -> OPTIONS). With GM MODE On, if the channel set on the selected track is different from All( i.e. a channel from 1 to 16 ), on the Right part only the basic sounds (GM) or the User Voices can be selected and recorded on the selected channel. This has been implemented to avoid overlaying problems in Program Changes and Parameters due to the Presets or the Programs.

13) Pressing both the Page-/Page+ buttons at the same time in the Arrange View menu sends all the parameters of the keyboard section to Midi Out: Arab scale, Sound Bank, Prog. Change, Volume, Reverb, Pan, Effect amount. This function is useful while recording via Midi.

14) The 1/2 Screen function (VIDEO menu in SONG PLAY)has been introduced into the Power On Setup.

15) In the Registration, Reverb 2 (Drum )is no longer replaced, at the beginning of the beat, by the internal setting of the style.

16) The Registration stores the Volume and Reverb of the Clap/Fx percussion section.

17) The Soft Bossa Style is now correctly recorded in SONG RECORD.

18) Synchronism and quantize are improved in the Automatic Bass recording of SONG RECORD.

19) While the Pianist and Sustain functions are selected, the keys of the 2nd Voice are no longer deleted every time the Sustain is deactivated.

20) Correct adapting of the Automatic bass to the DO Min 7th Chords (5th omitted).

21) The key transposition error on Midi Out has been corrected for the sections Right, Global and Left in cases of Midi file transposition by means of the Song transposer. In Program the Key Shift is enabled for the User Voice.

FIRM0000.SND ( SOUNDS REVISION)

1) The filter and sound parameters have been optimised on the bass sounds and on all percussion instruments.

2) The keyboard curve has been improved on all the Accordion Voices and Sax , on Violin and Hawaian.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online