SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#102704 - 08/02/06 01:16 AM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Scott,
trying to use 2 arranger keyboards midied together is not easy, especially if you're expecting one to play the styles & the other to be the soundsource for those styles.
OMB would be better suited to do that, but probably not much point using OMB with Tyros soundsource. You'd sort of be doubling up on the one kind of keyboard.

If you had a Roland or Ketron etc , then omb gives you the option of having a defacto psr.

If you have an inexpensive psr or dgx, OMB gives you functions not available on these less expensive keyboards, stuff like style editing etc.

In my case, apart from using soundfounts as a soundsource for OMB, I also use my Yamaha Clavinova CLP170 as controller & soundsource.
My Clav doesn't have styles, but using it with OMB gives me a defacto CVP. It does have a full xg soundset, so I don't need to do quite as much tweaking as I would if it only had GM sounds.
I also use my Ketron SD1 with OMB. Rather than converting a psr style to Ketron format ( conversions don't always work), I use OMB as arranger & Ketron as soundsource. The drums require a bit more tweaking because they're GM.

I sometimes use my Clavinova as controller & for piano melody (and use sd1 as soundsource for the omb styles.

The program is very versatile.

I think nearly any multi timbral, midi keyboard or synth can become a defacto psr.
The amount of tweaking the styles will require depends on whether the keyboard/synth/soundmodule is GM or XG.
Using a hardware soundsource isn't quite as complicated to get the hang of as a softsynth..

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Rikki

That is a very interesting idea now that I am kind of playing around with soft arrangers.

I wonder if that would be any easier than when I tried to use a Technics KN2600 for styles and use the Tyros for its better sounds?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#102705 - 08/06/06 02:48 PM Re: My opinion of the PSR E403
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tim,
just wondering how many .sty files can actually be transferred from p.c. into the keyboard.
I gather you can only "load" and play one user style at a time ( style 156) but on page 74 of the manual.

2. states " If multiple loadable style files have been transferred etc "

gives one the impression you can transferr a number of your favourite user styles across to the keyboard and then you just pick, & load the one you want to play as style 156.
It would be a pain to have to have the pc connected every time you want to load a user style, but if you can transferr a number of styles, that would be great.
best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CoasterTim:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online