Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#102249 - 12/30/04 01:54 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulsPiano:
Grow up you guys (you know who you are) and stop your petty bickering about god and governments. Put your efforts into fundraising.

Paul: I hope you weren't refering to me, but just in case you were . . . in addition to having made a financial contribution, as I already mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm also particating, as a featured entertainer,in a local benefit concert currently being organized by my local community . . . all proceeds going to the Red Cross. I encourage everyone here (if at all possible) to please donate your help (in whatever way you can) for this cause. - Scott

#102250 - 12/30/04 02:07 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Yes, that's a nice thing to do Scott!

Shiral

#102251 - 12/30/04 03:35 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
KN_Fan Offline

I'm confused- I read somewhere that in Jakarta, certain areas are hit by the flood also (some houses were drowned, etc)? I thought that this was only affected Sumatra? Not that I don't believe the story, but just a bit confused.

I know, however, that the water system/infrastructure in Jakarta is poor which a slight elevation in sea water level may cause a light flood (probably up to your ankles or knee) but nothing that would be dangerous.

The company I work for donates 100,000 PLUS matching any contribution by the employees and we'll still do another donation for our affected employees overseas. I'm going to poll some money and fund raise a little bit too on behalf of my own department. Sorry, no musical performance like Scott though. Unless I want my friends to donate money for me to STOP playing (little joke to lighten the mood).

#102252 - 12/30/04 04:06 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
I was never brought up to be religious, and it’s been a long time since I had faith in anyone or anything. But knowing my son and his wife were on holiday in Thailand, I never prayed so hard in all my life for there safety.

There is enough mayhem, suffering and heartache in this world, so why are you musicians arguing to whose right or wrong.

The money donated may help the people in the earthquake country and to put them on the road to recovery, but money doesn’t bring you happiness. May I take a quote from Roy-Andrè ‘I believe people with good hearts is what this world needs’.

I would like to send my deep felt sympathy to all affected in this crisis.

Thank you Tony Mads in USA for your kind thoughts in synthzone the other day.

Keyboardcapers

#102253 - 12/30/04 05:27 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... you're most welcome ....
.....here in little rhody, Feinstien is matching the first $10,000 contributed .... he'll have our contribution tomorrow ...
t.

#102254 - 12/31/04 07:18 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
In our household, we held a dinner meeting to discuss how we as a family are going to react to this disaster. I encouraged each of my 3 children to come up with an appropriate reaction for themselves and for the family. Although my two youngest children aren't working, they offered to donate money from their savings accounts. I offered to match their offer. My oldest who is home from college has been working during Christmas Vacation and donated some of his hard earned money.

They now understand giving until it hurts. I have pledged to donate all the money I make this evening for New Years eve.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#102255 - 12/31/04 07:29 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
In our household, we held a dinner meeting to discuss how we as a family are going to react to this disaster. I encouraged each of my 3 children to come up with an appropriate reaction for themselves and for the family. Although my two youngest children aren't working, they offered to donate money from their savings accounts. I offered to match their offer. My oldest who is home from college has been working during Christmas Vacation and donated some of his hard earned money.

They now understand giving until it hurts. I have pledged to donate all the money I make this evening for New Years eve.

OUR WORLD NEEDS MORE FATHERS LIKE THIS ONE!!
BEBOP

#102256 - 12/31/04 07:47 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
kbrkr, you're raising some GREAT KIDS!

And that speaks volumes about what a great father and person you are.

Respectfully,

Russ

#102257 - 12/31/04 08:18 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
With regard to religion, I can understand why many people get a bit ticked about the seemingly constant, in your face brand of Christianity prevalent on the zone (and most place else to be fair)these days. Like Scott says only Christians tend to see the need to evangelise anywhere and everywhere (and mostly unsolicited)and it gets a bit much at times. That is not what I come here for. Sorry if that offends anyone but there it is.

With regard to the original thread topic, this is truly a disaster and makes me realise how very lucky I am that all I have to worry about is religion being discussed on a music forum.

On the news today I saw a young couple carrying their children in their arms after having searched for them for over 24hrs. 'How lucky they are' I thought.... until the newscaster told us the children were in fact dead.

These are real people who are carrying home their dead children / wives / husbands and that is only if they have managed to find the bodies in the first place. The agony must be unimaginable and is heartbreaking.

Like Scott says we must all do what we can to help. It is not too often I get to feel proud of my country these days but in less than a week the British public have already collected in excess of £45 million (about $85 million) to aid the disaster fund. The organisers say that donations are currently coming in at the rate of about £1million an hour.

It proves to me that at times like these we can and should be able to put aside all our differences and pull together to help those who need it..... no strings, no judgements, no politics or religion, just human beings helping each other to get through the toughest of times.

If I had a real wish for 2005 it would be that we could all learn to conduct ourselves with the same love, compassion and concern in the good times as well as the bad.

Best wishes
Tony

#102258 - 01/01/05 01:59 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
That's really great kbrkr!

Shiral

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online