SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#102229 - 12/29/04 02:18 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
awarenessengine Offline

Loc: here
Times like these do not need many words (there's no right or wrong), just to make a difference = a payment, doesn't matter how much...

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

Craig.

[This message has been edited by awarenessengine (edited 12-30-2004).]

#102230 - 12/29/04 02:53 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jonas, good to hear you're working on a relief fund in the Portland, OR area. Craig, thanks for providing the Red Cross donation link: https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp

I myself just accepted an invitation to participate (along with other Bay Area musician-entertainers) in a local benefit concert currently being organized for the Tsunami relief effort. All proceeds are going to the Red Cross. This is the time to come together to help out our global brothers & sisters.

Scott

#102231 - 12/29/04 02:54 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
awarenessengine Offline

Loc: here
Nice one Scott!!!

#102232 - 12/29/04 08:27 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just emailed my donation to the International Red Cross Disaster fund.
I would hope everyone would pop for a few bucks. 80,000 plus dead this evening news. Can you comprehend this?
They must have help from us.
Search your heart and wallet.
Best to all
Happy New Year to all
Bebop

#102233 - 12/29/04 10:53 PM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I myself just accepted an invitation to participate (along with other Bay Area musician-entertainers) in a local benefit concert currently being organized for the Tsunami relief effort. All proceeds are going to the Red Cross.

Scott

Good on You Scott...I'm keeping my ears open for any similar events I can maybe partake in up here in B.C.
I think a benefit concert is a great idea.
Glad to hear KN_Fan and loved ones are okay.
------------------
...L

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 12-29-2004).]

#102234 - 12/30/04 01:10 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Mike,
I find your remarks totally insensitive and repulsive. I think you should delete them immediately.

My heart goes out to those poor fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, and relatives who have lost loved ones.

Al, I was not saying the victims were at fault, I was saying the Goverment officials in the surrounding Asian countries who obviously lacked the 'foresight' to provide a warning system for their people were the ones who were at fault, i.e. the Government's and Heads Of States of the surrounding Asian Countries.

If you read my words carefully in my previous post you would have realized that.

The victims paid the ultimate price because lackadaisical Government officials apparently didn't think it important enough to install a Tsunami warning system thoughout Asia. It was a tragic and 'unnecessary' loss of lives. Hopefully this disaster will wake up the Government's of these Asian Countries and they will get busy and install a warning system soon so this won't happen again, at least not on the scale we saw with this Tsunami.

Btw, I too just donated to the Red Cross Internation Relief Fund. Let your hearts be the motivating factor to give to the relief fund. Your mind will 9 times out of 10 convince you to not give, e.g.: You don't have the money, you don't trust online businesses, what can my little bit possibly do, I can't be bothered, they'll do okay without any of my help, [insert your own rationalization here].

PS: royandreno, I am not saying God caused this disaster (as you should realize from the statements in my previous post). Nor should 'you' think God was in any way "responsible" for this disaster. What do you think anyway Roy, that God is somehow up there looking down on these Asian countries and all those poor innocent people and just decides to toss a few lightening bolts around in the direction of Sumatra because he has nothing better to do? Ridiculous! The cause of this disaster rests firmly on the shoulders of these Asian Governments who lacked the foresight to install a warning system for 'their' citizens. If the warning system was in place and operating properly this disaster could have been prevented, at least to a major degree anyway. These Asian countries have known for YEARS that major earthquake activity has occured on a repeated basis in those areas over a LONG LONG period of time yet haven't done anything about it, even after seeing with their own eyes, the benefits the Pacific warning system has been.

I can't understand why people think that when something bad happens God somehow did it or was at fault or why did he allow it, etc. Then again when something good happens God never gets any credit but instead it is attributed to luck, good fortune or something similar. I'll tell you why people do that, because they don't really know who God is. When they read the 'Manual' to who God is they will understand him much like you read the manual to your Keyboard and you understand how to operate it because the Manual explains the Keyboard in intricate detail and when you grasp its meaning you understand it and how it operates. It is the same with God's manual the bible.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-30-2004).]

#102235 - 12/30/04 01:30 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Mike, did it ever occur to you that those governments simply don't have the money or the technical resources to install a "tsunami warning system", such as the ones that USA and Japan already have?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 12-30-2004).]

#102236 - 12/30/04 02:02 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Mike, did it ever occurred to you that those governments simply don't have the money or the technical resources to install a "tsunami warning system", such as the ones that USA and Japan already have?

If that is the case Andrea, then why is there now suddenly talk and plans in the making for doing just that, i.e. "installing a tsunami warning system" similar to the one that is in the Pacific? IMO it is not because they have lacked financial or technical resources (they could ask and could receive help not only financially but technically from other more prosperous Countries if they so desired), but also if they parlayed their resources together they should have no problem attaining their goal of a cohesive and effective warning system in the Indian Ocean and surrounding areas.

Besides, where there is a will there is a way I always say. Apparently the Governments didn't have the desire or will to do it. At least they didn't before this tragedy happened. Hopefully they have changed their minds. And as I said; there IS now talk of installing a early warning system. So obviously if they didn't have the resources they wouldn't be talking now about installing one, would they?

Best regards,
Mike

#102237 - 12/30/04 03:37 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

PS: royandreno, I am not saying God caused this disaster (as you should realize from the statements in my previous post). Nor should 'you' think God was in any way "responsible" for this disaster. What do you think anyway Roy, that God is somehow up there looking down on these Asian countries and all those poor innocent people and just decides to toss a few lightening bolts around in the direction of Sumatra because he has nothing better to do? Ridiculous! The cause of this disaster rests firmly on the shoulders of these Asian Governments who lacked the foresight to install a warning system for 'their' citizens. If the warning system was in place and operating properly this disaster could have been prevented, at least to a major degree anyway. These Asian countries have known for YEARS that major earthquake activity has occured on a repeated basis in those areas over a LONG LONG period of time yet haven't done anything about it, even after seeing with their own eyes, the benefits the Pacific warning system has been.

I can't understand why people think that when something bad happens God somehow did it or was at fault or why didn't he stop it, etc. Then again when something good happens God never gets any credit but instead it is attributed to luck, good fortune or something similar. I'll tell you why people do that, because they don't really know who God is. When they read the 'Manual' to who God is they will understand him much like you read the manual to your Keyboard and you understand how to operate it because the Manual explains the Keyboard in intricate detail and when you grasp its meaning you understand it and how it operates. It is the same with God's manual the bible.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-30-2004).]

Mike, read my post! I don't want to start a religious battle here, but I never said God was responsible because I don't believe in God, period! I cannot think of anything that has caused so many wars and so much misery on this earth as has religions. In my sense religion is a product in peoples heads, based on fear of dying. I know lots of you, especially you US guys, are into God all the time, and frankly I wish this site would be totally religion and politics free. I believe people with good hearts is what this world needs, not religion.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 12-30-2004).]

#102238 - 12/30/04 05:15 AM Re: Tsunami Disaster in SouthEast Asia
Zleepy Offline

Loc: Finland
I gave my fireworks money to red cross. I think it will serve lot better there.

The band my brother is playing (Rytmix) I've heard going to donate new year gigs money to red cross.

------------------
Tony

http://zleepy.cjb.net

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online