SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#101831 - 07/24/03 09:39 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
Scott,

It was not a mistake, it was a design decision. I have already passed along your comments, but from past experience, I can tell you that with so little interest from existing and potential Tyros customers, this is not likely to happen, unless it's real easy to slip it in with something that is already in the works.

Steve,

I agree with Scott on this issue. What is the best way to voice my vote? Is replying to you enough or do I have to file a support case with Tech Support?

Regards
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#101832 - 07/24/03 07:38 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Hello Scott,

I'm with you! It would be nice to be able to repeat the fill using the foot pedal. While Yamaha is at it they could correct the key change problem when doing a simple recording. My Tyros resets the key to the original key after each change in the recording playback.

Richard

#101833 - 07/25/03 05:56 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
While I am a 'techie' and not a 'yammie', and can understand the frustration of a feature disappearing from one model or series (and a high-end one at that) while it exists in models below and above it, is it so unusual that the designers of these boards eliminate features from one to another for whatever reason they may have, logical or otherwise? My kn1000 had a feature called 'dynamic accompaniment' which changed the drum pattern depending on the velocity of the notes being played ... i.e. if I were playing a tune and went into a 'double time' solo, the drum pattern would reflect this and become 'livelier' ... I really enjoyed using this feature ... I don't know just when it was eliminated, but kn6 does not have it ... ??? ......

Scott.. I wish you luck with your 'crusade'.
.... and, terry, let's not forgot that, with all due respect to Scott , we are talking about an individual who evaluates the size, weight, and ease of use, of any piece of gear along with its appearance, sound, and functionality ... a couple of pounds or ounces less on each piece of gear makes transportation and set up a lot easier, especially when you are doing it a number of times each day.....
t.

#101834 - 07/25/03 06:09 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
trtjazz Offline

Tony,
I get yours and Scott's point about humping allot of gear. I just view it differently it is to me for all the years I gigged, I figured whatever I needed to bring was part of the job......try humping and setting up a set of Musser Pro Vibes sometime. Plus the amp, speakers mixer, help the other band members hump their stuff in and set up on and on. It just came with the territory as far as I am concerned and what I chose to do.

In short I did and brought whatever it was that was necessary to put on the very best performance I could for the audience and never did mind really having to hump all the stuff, to me it was just a priviledge to play and be paid and enjoyed by people that only a small percentage of all the musicians out there get the opportunity to do.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#101835 - 07/25/03 08:04 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
terry ... I agree with what you are saying, especially the part about being paid to perform (I always said I never got paid to perform, but for what it took to get there, i.e. the practice, the lugging of gear, set-up, breakdown, etc.) and I lugged a Fender Rhodes AND a cordovox with the BIG amp, along with all the other gear for a 5 piece group for years!!! .... and I STILL carry far too much for one guy ... but there are some who need to find the lightest, fastest, gear they can .....
t.

#101836 - 07/25/03 08:25 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Quote: “In short I did and brought whatever it was that was necessary to put on the very best performance I could for the audience and never did mind really having to hump all the stuff, to me it was just a privilege to play and be paid and enjoyed by people that only a small percentage of all the musicians out there get the opportunity to do. Terry"

Now that is the kind of attitude that I can really admire. That kind of thinking I can relate to. After forty years with my seven piece dance band and the last ten years as a solo keyboard act, I can agree wholeheartedly. All those years doing my best to please the people we worked for no matter what we had to do, carry, set up and tear down has brought me great satisfaction, not to mention those who we played for. Never cut corners for our own benefit whether weight or amount of gear needed. Great satisfaction and pleasure of accomplishment when looking back. Even today at 77, pleasing people and not self brings me great joy after each job. Retire? Ya, maybe after I croak! Terry that attitude will always carry you through the hard times and will always set you a notch above the average pro in what ever endeavor you choose. Just a few thoughts from an old guy nearing the end of things.

Grandpa Doug

#101837 - 07/25/03 09:25 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Tony,I get yours and Scott's point about humping allot of gear. I just view it differently it is to me for all the years I gigged, I figured whatever I needed to bring was part of the job......

Terry, I appreciate what you're saying here, but I'm sure that you also understand when running a business, that 'time is money' so any amount of extra equipment you have to haul back & forth (and setup) for a gig impacts on both 'time spent AND money' made.

In regards to the topic at hand: the Tyros, the 'auto repeat fill' feature SHOULD have been INCLUDED in the first place (as the 9000pro, PSR2000 & PSR2100 all do) which would then not neccesitate the need to purchase (pricey) or haul around (the heavy & bulky) MFC10 foot controller just to gain that single feature.

Scott

#101838 - 07/25/03 09:49 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Steve. I agree with Scott on this issue. What is the best way to voice my vote? Is replying to you enough or do I have to file a support case with Tech Support? Regards
Al

hi Al: I encourage you, (and all other Tyros & potential Tyros owners who have posted here as well), to also email Yamaha DIRECTLY with your concerns about this issue. As Steve Deming stated himself, the more people he hears from about this issue, the more likely it will be fixed.

You can email Steve Deming (Asst Manager, Yamaha USA customer support) at: ycasupport@yamaha.com

Thanks for your interest.

- Scott

#101839 - 07/25/03 09:59 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
trtjazz Offline

Scott,
I already said I think it should be fixed....
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#101840 - 07/29/03 07:34 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted on 06/25/03 by Yamaha US1: Steve Deming (Yamaha USA Asst Manager Customer Support)It might make a difference if anyone else was using this feature. If anyone besides Scott ever did this, and is a Tyros owner or potential owner, let me know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamaha US1 on 07/23/03: Steve Deming (Yamaha USA Asst Manager Customer Support)
Scott,
It was not a mistake, it was a design decision. I have already passed along your comments, but from past experience, I can tell you that with so little interest from existing and potential Tyros customers, this is not likely to happen

Dear Steve Deming (Yamaha USA),

In response to your above statement: As you can read (above), a number of other Tyros (and potential) Tyros owners (other than myself) have now stepped forward to concur with my request that Yamaha release a Tyros OS update to implement the 'continously repeating fill portion of the' 'fill self' feature while the foot pedal is pressed.

In addition, I realize that a number of Tyros owners have now also emailed you directly at (ycasupport@yamaha.com) to formally request this feature be added as well. I hope this sufficiently convinces you that this issue warrants taking a more agressive stance (on your part) in seeing that this crucial portion of the 'fill self' feature gets implemented on the Tyros via Tyros OS update, especially since it's already implemented on all other current Yamaha arrangers. I'm hoping you'll respond in kind here with both your personal and Yamaha's official position on this now. Thank you for any follow up info you might offer.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online