SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#101811 - 06/26/03 07:49 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Beakybird Offline

I utilize this feature on my PSR2100.

Beakybird

#101812 - 06/26/03 09:03 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry (beakybird):

Thanks for confirming that the new PSR2100, as well as the PSR2000, also INCLUDES the "repeating" 'fill to self' feature when activated via a single type foot pedal. This further convinces me now that the omission of this on the Tyros was most definitely an oversight on Yamaha's part.

I only hope this fact will get Steve Deming (Yamaha USA) to use his influence to convince the Yamaha Tyros software developers to correct this via Tyros OS Update, as this essential feature I'm sure is widely used by MANY MANY pro arranger players out there, and not just Beakybird (Larry Levin) & myself.

Scott

#101813 - 07/21/03 12:57 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Ok, it's been over a month now since I initially reported that it's not possible to achieve a continously repeating 'fill' from a single footswitch connected to one of the (3) assignmable Tyros foot pedal jacks. On the Yamaha PSR2000, fills play repeatedly as long as you keep the foot pedal held down, but on the Tyros, the fill plays once only. This is a big disappointment as triggering 'repeating' fills via footpedal is an important element to creating a life like realistic sounding arranger emulation of what a drummer actually does to invigorate excitement (build suspense) during a song.

I'm throughly convinced that the Tyros' absence of this feature was a mere oversight on Yamaha's part, as the PSR2000 (and I suspect PSR2100, 9000pro, and PSR9000 as well) all 'do' support this. In light of this, I'd really appreciate it if 9000pro, and PSR2100 owners would take time to confirm if you're able to trigger a continously 'repeating' fill via a simple foot pedal assigned to: 'Fill Self'.

I realize you can trigger a continously repeating fill to play via a MFC10 midi foot controler unit, but one shouldn't have to drag around such a bulky & heavy piece of equipment when it should be also possible to trigger this via a simple foot pedal as the PSR2000 already does.

Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
It might make a difference if anyone else was using this feature. If anyone besides Scott ever did this, and is a Tyros owner or potential owner, let me know. Thanks,

Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

Steve: Though I respect your point that the more people reporting here that they use this feature might make a difference whether the issue gets addressed or not, it seems clear that this is a legitimate issue I raised because it DOES work this way on the PSR2000. This issue is reminesent of Don Mason's beef about the Speedy Mouse problem on the PSR2000, as the PSR9000 didn't have the problem, and now the Tyros doesn't exhibit that problem now either. In the case of the Tyros, unlike the PSR2000, it supports downloadable OS flash ROM, so I am confident that the 'repeating fill' via footpedal issue can be easily addressed in a subsequent OS update, so would appreciate anything you can do to bring this to the attention of the Tyros OS update R&D team.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback & input. I hope everyone understands how important this issue is to arranger keyboard performance.

Scott

#101814 - 07/21/03 02:38 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hi: Scott
The 9000 Pro will also repeat the "fill to self" as long
as you hold down the foot switch, & I to use this feature allot.
Hopefully Yamaha will correct this in the next OS Update
for the Tyros.
Denny

#101815 - 07/21/03 03:38 PM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dlstarry:
The 9000 Pro will also repeat the "fill to self" as long as you hold down the foot switch, & I to use this feature allot.
Hopefully Yamaha will correct this in the next OS Update
for the Tyros.
Denny

hi Denny,

Many thanks for confirming what I had originally suspected. As it's now a confirmed fact that both the PSR2000 & 9000pro include the repeating 'fill to self' feature, as long as the foot pedal is depressed, this HIGHLIGHTS the FACT that the Tyros lacking this, surely was an unintential 'oversight' on Yamaha's part.

George Kaye, and PSR2100 owners: Can you possibly test & report back if the PSR2100 also includes: continously repeating "fill to self" as long as you hold down the foot switch?

As you all probably can tell, I'm feeling like I'm on a personal crusade now to get this ESSENTIAL feature implemented on the Tyros, so hoping others of you (Yamaha & non Yammy arranger players alike) will step forward to express your thoughts on this issue. I love the Tyros, but the absence of the ability to trigger a repeating 'fill to self' via footpedal is SORELY missed on the Tyros.

Thanks to everyone (including Steve Deming) for doing whatever is required to get this implemented on the Tyros ASAP via OS Update.

Scott

#101816 - 07/22/03 07:43 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Larry (beakybird):

Thanks for confirming that the new PSR2100, as well as the PSR2000, also INCLUDES the "repeating" 'fill to self' feature when activated via a single type foot pedal. This further convinces me now that the omission of this on the Tyros was most definitely an oversight on Yamaha's part.

Scott

Scotty, Larry Levin already confirmed that the PSR 2100 does indeed have that same feature.

Best regards,
Mike

#101817 - 07/22/03 08:29 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Altimers?

#101818 - 07/22/03 08:34 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
Scottyee Offline

Mike. Thanks for pointing out my oversight. Glad to hear that the PSR2100 supports the footpedal repeating 'fill self' feature.

The fact that this important feature is included on all of Yamaha's other recent & currently produced arrangers (PSR2000/2100, 9000pro) points to the fact that this was an obvious 'mistaken ommission' on the Tyros, and that Yamaha needs to implement this, via Tyros OS update.

Steve Deming (Yamaha USA Customer Support), I'm hoping you will respond. Thank you.

Scott

#101819 - 07/23/03 09:56 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Scott,

It was not a mistake, it was a design decision. I have already passed along your comments, but from past experience, I can tell you that with so little interest from existing and potential Tyros customers, this is not likely to happen, unless it's real easy to slip it in with something that is already in the works.

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

#101820 - 07/23/03 11:04 AM Re: Tyros OS update Request: Auto Loop 'Fill to Self' via footpedal
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Scott:
According to what Steve said, You & I must be the only one's that
use this great feature, to be able to hold down the foot switch & have
"fill self " repeat until you let up on the foot switch.
I can't believe others don't use this feature.
I use it allot on my 9000 Pro.
If indeed this is a "design decision" I find it strange that Yamaha would
decide to leave this important feature out of there "Flag Ship" Arranger
& have it back in the newer model PSR2100. GO FIGURE
I know if the Tyros don't have this feature I WON'T be buying the Tyros.
I have been hoping & praying that Yamaha comes out with the Tyros Pro,
BUT if it don't repeat the "fill self " by holding down the foot switch there's
no need, I will keep the 9000 Pro or go to a different brand.

Scott let me know if Yamaha implements this feature in a new OS upgrade
or not. Please.
Thank You
Denny

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online