SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#101691 - 10/18/05 06:43 AM Korg PA1X has been ordered
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my excitement. I've ordered a PA1X Pro today. Should be with me tomorrow.

Thanks to all who helped me to come to a decision and thanks Spalding for all the numbers (I ordered from one of the places you recommended).

Can't wait.

David.

#101692 - 10/18/05 07:32 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Dnj Offline

Congrats!!!
You made a Very wise choice......
kep us posted on your progress & maybe share some tunes also....

make some beautiful music !

#101693 - 10/18/05 08:43 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Congrats dschultze, be sure to keeep an eye on the Korg PA1X Forums in "Irish Acts" Korg PA1X & PA1X Pro Discussions

And, more recently, the thread entitled:
"News announced for Pa1x" In which a new operating system (Ver 2.6) is going to be releases (I think )

Might consider getting one myself - If the price is right (Whitley bay's prices are £1999 I believe)

-------------------------

#101694 - 10/18/05 11:39 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi dschultze
Congrats. I have a PA1X and I´m very happy. As Jupitar5 said, keeep your eyes on the Korg PA1X Forums KF/IA
and http://www.korgforums.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=27
also

http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/muscorner_bonusware.html?en

Regards
Franky

[This message has been edited by silva (edited 10-18-2005).]

#101695 - 10/18/05 03:59 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
rumbero Offline

Loc: france
dschultze
Except the precious informations of the diverse interventions in this forum, what was, for you,personnally, the decisive element for the PA1X pro (sounds and styles quality, 76 keys, sampling function...) ?

[This message has been edited by rumbero (edited 10-18-2005).]

[This message has been edited by rumbero (edited 10-18-2005).]

#101696 - 10/18/05 05:12 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Hi dschultze.

Sorry i did not get cahnce to reply on the other thread.I have been busy playing with my new Beast !!! You will not be disappointed my friend. It is awesome. I cant remeber the last time i was so excited and amazed by a keyboard. I am not getting any sleep tonight. Anyone driving in birmingham , watch out for the black fiat punto , it might drift lanes inadvertantly !!!!

#101697 - 10/19/05 06:07 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi All,

My new toy has arrived. I can't wait to get home and get the thing unpacked.

Regarding the reasons behind my decision here's what led me to choose the Korg...

- I'm currently using a Mac and intend to use Logic Pro and the Korg appears to be geared very well for this system.

- The Korg included a hard disk as standard and therefore no additional expense was required for an upgrade.

- Korg offers a 76 key option.

- The TC Helicon harmoniser!

- Korg seem to be focussed on customer service, upgrades and add-ons more than others.

Overall my final decision was between the Korg and the Yamaha and to be honest the sound quality and playability is superb on either. It was a hard choice and I think I would be very happy with either. Eventually I think the decision was entirely based on technical merit for my personal needs.

As I said before the only real solution would be to buy both.

David.

[This message has been edited by dschultze (edited 10-19-2005).]

#101698 - 10/19/05 11:13 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

well.....what a night!!!! went to bed at 3.00am this morning and woke up at 6.30am with that same silly grin on my face. For those of you that are into contemporary music, i really dont think that the PA1X can be beat. Simply unbelieveable.This is the board i have been searching for over the last 3 years !!!! Hallelujah

#101699 - 10/19/05 11:16 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Spalding, just out of interest, have you ever tried a Korg Triton Studio, (or any modern synth), and if so, how do the actual "voices" measure up to the PA1X?

Anthony

#101700 - 10/19/05 11:27 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
I'm happy for you guys.
I have just ordered the Tyros2 but now want to add a Korg arranger. I am now trying to decide if should I spend "easy" and pickup the PA50 or should I go for PA80... but if I read more comments like yours... I'll just order the PA1X Pro
I know, I know... it will lead to packing my things up if wife finds out, but I want to have best of both worlds

cheers

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros 2 on it's way smile

#101701 - 10/19/05 12:04 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Cddmax,

You can always get a new wife. Plus the Korg won't talk back or care what time of the night you decide to play.

Tom

Tom

#101702 - 10/20/05 04:20 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

Hi Jupiter.my brother has had a triton LE and now has the Triton extreme. I have played both and i think that the PA1X has very coparable sounds to those boards. It lacks the depth of synth sounds but apart from that the quality of sound is very similar

#101703 - 10/21/05 05:28 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

i went shopping for a case for my PA1X today in Fair Deal Music in birmingham and to my complete surprise they had the Tyros 2 there. I couldnt wait to play it. What follows next is just my opinion and a lot of it is based upon personal taste....

If you have the tyros 1 then you will be very familiar with the yamaha sounds. I have to be honest. Apart from he SA sounds the keyboard is virtually the same as T1. The aranger patterns again are virtually the same . The original Tyros was an exellent keyboard but now hey have added more mega voices to the existing arrangements and to my ears i could not tell any dramatic noticeable difference.Thats just a testament to how good the T1 was in the first place. The SA sounds are brilliant , dont get me wrong, but if i were a T1 owner i would seriously consider whether it was worth he extra £2000 for about 40 new sounds and a recorder. I have just purchased the PA1X after being a life long yamaha fan ( and i still am). I got the PA1X for £1400. If the T2 came down in price immediately to £1400 i would still buy the PA1X without blinking. I am one of the few people that have had the opportunity to listen to them both.

Let me first state that i am not a pro player and i play for my own pleasure and arange contemporary gospel music for my church choir. I like modern music and black soulful arangements. The korg is really geared towards this with truly exciting backing. The yamaha is geared more towards the more traditional styles of music and aimed i guess at the more traditional type of aranger musician. The arrangements on the Yam are nice but too close and in some cases exactly like the T1.The programmers have not really pushed their imagination on the styles and played very safe. This maybe good news to the pro arrangers here who know their clientell and what styles they like.

All i can say is that i have had he PA1X for 3 days now and have not gone to bed before 2.00am every night since. I have forgotten to call my girlfriend several times because of the PA1X ( not an easy thing to be forgiven for once let alone 3 times!!!). Its simply such a well put together board. The sounds are simply breath taking. the arrangements actually inspire you to play and jam with what feels like half a dozen professional studio musicians and it really lifts your playing ability.

To my mind and ears and soul the PA1X is the bst kept secret in the arranger world and if Korg were to market this board properly they would quite simply dominate he arranger market and would attract a whole new market of song writers and composers

Remember this is just my opinion and i would still be happy to own a T2 but i would never swap it for he PA1X !!!

#101704 - 10/21/05 07:19 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Congrats my friend - I have a Roland va-76 and i'm happy with it.

#101705 - 10/21/05 08:10 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
i went shopping for a case for my PA1X today in Fair Deal Music in birmingham and to my complete surprise they had the Tyros 2 there. I couldnt wait to play it. What follows next is just my opinion and a lot of it is based upon personal taste....

If you have the tyros 1 then you will be very familiar with the yamaha sounds. I have to be honest. Apart from he SA sounds the keyboard is virtually the same as T1. The aranger patterns again are virtually the same . The original Tyros was an exellent keyboard but now hey have added more mega voices to the existing arrangements and to my ears i could not tell any dramatic noticeable difference.Thats just a testament to how good the T1 was in the first place. The SA sounds are brilliant , dont get me wrong, but if i were a T1 owner i would seriously consider whether it was worth he extra £2000 for about 40 new sounds and a recorder. I have just purchased the PA1X after being a life long yamaha fan ( and i still am). I got the PA1X for £1400. If the T2 came down in price immediately to £1400 i would still buy the PA1X without blinking. I am one of the few people that have had the opportunity to listen to them both.

Let me first state that i am not a pro player and i play for my own pleasure and arange contemporary gospel music for my church choir. I like modern music and black soulful arangements. The korg is really geared towards this with truly exciting backing. The yamaha is geared more towards the more traditional styles of music and aimed i guess at the more traditional type of aranger musician. The arrangements on the Yam are nice but too close and in some cases exactly like the T1.The programmers have not really pushed their imagination on the styles and played very safe. This maybe good news to the pro arrangers here who know their clientell and what styles they like.

All i can say is that i have had he PA1X for 3 days now and have not gone to bed before 2.00am every night since. I have forgotten to call my girlfriend several times because of the PA1X ( not an easy thing to be forgiven for once let alone 3 times!!!). Its simply such a well put together board. The sounds are simply breath taking. the arrangements actually inspire you to play and jam with what feels like half a dozen professional studio musicians and it really lifts your playing ability.

To my mind and ears and soul the PA1X is the bst kept secret in the arranger world and if Korg were to market this board properly they would quite simply dominate he arranger market and would attract a whole new market of song writers and composers

Remember this is just my opinion and i would still be happy to own a T2 but i would never swap it for he PA1X !!!

Thanx for the great review from someone who has played the T2 & Pax....these are the truthfull opinions I like to resd pro or con.....perspective buyers need to read absorb & listen also...I was hoping not to read what your telling us & that the Tyros2 is somthing unbelivably special & not a T1 in disguise....we'll see with more reviews I guess....anyway thanx for the report and good luck with your new KORG arranger.

#101706 - 10/21/05 08:22 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
claudiu Offline

Don't you guys think that T2 are small ???

#101707 - 10/21/05 08:43 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by claudiu:
Don't you guys think that T2 are small ???

Please elaborate on your size comment we need more information to give an opinion?

#101708 - 10/22/05 06:04 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hey Spalding - where in the UK did you get your PAX from please??????

KFingers

#101709 - 10/22/05 06:37 AM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

I can only tell you that i posted some numbers earlier on another thread recently. If i tell you the specific shop i bought it from he wont be pleased as he made very little profit in comparison to other boards he has sold. He cant keep giving these sorts of discounts but use the numbers i posted and keep going back and forth between the shops as i said before , HAGGLE !!!!

#101710 - 10/22/05 09:30 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
claudiu Offline

It's a 60 keys workstation - it looks small - it's like a toy i believe.

#101711 - 10/22/05 11:30 PM Re: Korg PA1X has been ordered
spalding Offline

your not making a whole lot of sense. The work station market has plenty of 61 key versions,i may be mistaken but they are probably the the most popular version of workstations. AS for the Tyros 1 or 2 looks, i grant you it is brighter and more colourful than the usual simple black or silver "pro" models that some musicians are used to but it certainly does not look like a toy. Some of your other comments are quite puzzling. What has its size got to do with its usefulness ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online