SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#101547 - 09/21/05 11:33 AM Hey Starkeeper!!!!! Regarding the Alesis Funsion Synth
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hey,
I was up in Erie and stopped by the local store. Sadly they sold the only Fusion Synth they had and the sales person said this and I quote. "I honestly don't think we'll order another one until Alesis gets their shit together". Man that threw me back a bit.

It turns out that Alesis REALLY jumped the gun here and released the Fusion WAAAAYYY too early. There are some serious complaints about OS bugs. Not minor bugs either. First OS release users were having problems with the screen and all leds just going completey out. The OS just seems really shaky at the moment. From what I've heard and read the Alesis is supposed to be fixing all of this with the next OS release and also adding like 200 more voices.

Here's the bummer. I was SHOCKED when I read the reviews from users on this part. It appears that even though Alesis put a V-12 supercharged motor under the hood, it lacks TRUE horsepower It appears this beast only allows (1) yes count that ONE insert effect. What the hell is the use of all that synthesis if you only get one insert. Even users are complaining about that.

So at the moment the Alesis is off my want list. The OS is very unstable and the limited effects is a real let down.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#101548 - 09/21/05 07:09 PM Re: Hey Starkeeper!!!!! Regarding the Alesis Funsion Synth
casiobot Offline

Based on the above,I think I'm going to wait for the Casio WK-3200 instead.....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online