SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#101514 - 05/15/05 07:41 AM Lean, mean lightweight machine...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For those of you who have not seen DNJ (Donny Pesce) for a while, he has been on the South Beach Diet for nearly 10 months, lost a ton of weight, and really deserves a big round of applause for his achievements. He has also slimmed down his system as well, and like him, it really looks great, does a fantastic job and keeps the dance-floors packed.

Atta' Boy Donny!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#101515 - 05/15/05 08:05 AM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
well done donny,just think if you never made that start 10 months ago,where would be now?congratulations,mike

#101516 - 05/15/05 02:27 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gary

Can you explain Donny's computer and mic setup? I looks like the computer shelf is attached to the 3K and also the mic. It looks really cool and compact.

Gary, got another question not related to the above. In the PSRTutorial forum Dennis said you have a way of turning on/off the Harmony for the right hand with the buttons instead of using the footswitch. I wanna get a sax section sound play one finger melody in the right hand.

Peter

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-15-2005).]

#101517 - 05/15/05 02:39 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Way to go Donny-O....keep up the good work...
now you're giving me somethiung to shot for..
Tony Rome

#101518 - 05/15/05 07:30 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by peter dino:
Gary

Can you explain Donny's computer and mic setup? I looks like the computer shelf is attached to the 3K and also the mic. It looks really cool and compact.

Gary, got another question not related to the above. In the PSRTutorial forum Dennis said you have a way of turning on/off the Harmony for the right hand with the buttons instead of using the footswitch. I wanna get a sax section sound play one finger melody in the right hand.

Peter

Peter

[This message has been edited by peter dino (edited 05-15-2005).]

The computer is on a shelf connected to his X-stand, and so is the mic boom as well. Both are available from Quik-lok and can be left attached to the stand.

What Dennis was talking about is using a simple momentary switch that can be purchased at RAdio Shack, mounting the switch in one of their plastic utility boxes that is not much larger than the switch, then attaching it to the keyboard and pluggins the switch into the foot-pedal jack. It takes the place of a foot pedal, but for me the pedal works just fine, especially when you consider that you must take your right hand off the keys to activate the switch. additionally, there is still no indicator light telling you whether the harmony is on or off. Just a bad design by Yamaha.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#101519 - 05/15/05 08:03 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
NICE LOOKING OUTFIT I MUST SAY, everything just right for the gig including the artist behind the board just keep on rocking ,man, best regards ,BENNO

#101520 - 05/15/05 08:22 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gary......thank you.

Peter

#101521 - 05/15/05 08:31 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Donny

You're lookin' good man. I'm happy for ya.
Also gives me a little incentive to drop a few. Quite a few actually. It'd probably help out my diabetes.

I love that set-up you've got. Nice, neat,clean look to it. Vey few pieces which I really like. I am strongly considering getting a 3000 just because it'll fit into my Kaces #7 Porter, whereas my Tyros, which I absolutely love as far as an instrument, needs a Kaces #9 case which is bulky and very clumsy to move around.

Best Wishes

Scott Langholff

#101522 - 05/15/05 08:47 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Donny

You're lookin' good man. I'm happy for ya.
Also gives me a little incentive to drop a few. Quite a few actually. It'd probably help out my diabetes.

I love that set-up you've got. Nice, neat,clean look to it. Vey few pieces which I really like. I am strongly considering getting a 3000 just because it'll fit into my Kaces #7 Porter, whereas my Tyros, which I absolutely love as far as an instrument, needs a Kaces #9 case which is bulky and very clumsy to move around.

Best Wishes

Scott Langholff

Scott, you'll never be satisfied with the 3000 after owning the Tyros.
DonM

#101523 - 05/15/05 11:36 PM Re: Lean, mean lightweight machine...
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
You know Don, you're probably right. I think if one is actually trading up and/or updating that it would be a very welcome change. But, once you play the Tyros,well, I know when I A/B'd the Tyros and the 3000, it was a very, very big letdown.

I am thinking of having a second keyboard just to have one around basically. These new Yamaha keyboards are built to last for years, contrary to a lot of people's thinking that these are of a cheap build, so I don't think I will really ever need it as a back up, but perhaps for a band rehearsal or if it's a relatively unimportant gig and don't feel like hauling the Tyros, or maybe if it would be outside and the weather looks iffy.

In this case, for my purposes the PSR2000 will probably be preferable. I still have all my user voices, music finder database, and I know it with my eyes closed. As a matter of fact all of the above plus my Gig Disks are available over on Joe Waters very fine psrtutorial.com site. A very nice sounding kb I always thought. This is when I changed from not liking Yamaha to being very impressed with what seemed to me a great leap forward.

Also, Michael Bedesem has updated his Music Finder program so all of the 600 tunes I have set in the Tyros will easily be transferred to the 2000.

Oh well, guess I'll know what I'm going to do in a short time.

Best

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online