I'm looking to upgrade from my XP-80. My tax return is coming and I'll have a few hundred for the deal;
Options are;
1) Buy a new or used Kurzweil PC2, sell XP-80
2) Buy a new or used Fantom 76, sell XP-80
3) Keep XP-80, buy SR-JV80-08, "Keyboards of the 60's and 70's", and SR-JV80-04 "Vintage Synths"
4) Keep XP-80, buy XV-2020 (probably used from ebay)

What I don't like about my XP-80 is it's keybed. I didn't realize until after buying it the keys are not full sized. Maybe they are 95% of a full sized key, and I'd prefer keys with a tad more weight. And of course, I'm tired of the stock sounds. I do have the session card in it though. That really helps for strings.

I bought the XP-80 because of the ability to playback sequences on disk, but I'm like never using this function. So it's become much less important to me.

I almost never create new sounds. Only tweak presets.

What I also must have though is the ability to switch patches live with no immediate sound cut out. I often like to switch patches while I'm still holding a chord from the last patch and not have that patch cut out, but the very next notes I hit should be of the newly selected patch. I do this very sucessfully with the XP-80 in single performance mode by simply switching part numbers.

I'm really leaning towards the PC2. I loved it's sounds and controller ability, but I didn't check on the patch switching issue.

Thanks.

Bob
<><