Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#101134 - 01/02/06 09:04 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by jxuereb:
jd i dont know but maybe reviewing a little the original tyros may give you an idea of the improvements from I to II. I believe you have already checked out all known t2 demos?

Yes i have seen all the demo,s ofcourse (lol) And the datalist of T2 is huge... I have the T1 myself and ordered a T2. Hopefully end of this month it's in.
But what i like to hear are some homemade MP3 or midi files. Pref. T1 midi so i can learn from others. (Still a beginner lol).

And for the one's who mist it, here are the links again for the Michel Voncken Demo 160MB 2 files RAR WMV from Piens.be.
http://rapidshare.de/files/10211550/Tyros_2_Demo_Michel_Voncken.part1.rar.html http://rapidshare.de/files/10212205/Tyros_2_Demo_Michel_Voncken.part2.rar.html

JD

#101135 - 01/02/06 09:09 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cwalkeralso:
Those of us who are still using dialup can't see the Peter Baartmans' quicktime streaming video. I have an idea how someone with highspeed MIGHT be able to help us "less fortunate souls" -- through Screen Capture. QT streaming video is not "recordable." However, there are programs to capture all that occurs in a "selected" rectangular area of one's screen, and save it to various formats.

One such program is CapturePad, found at http://www.capturepad.com/ . While the program only costs $25, it purports to have a FREE 14-day FULL FUNCTIONALITY demo. If I read it right, it would allow capturing the QT video stream (with audio) to AVI format.

A much more sophisticated program to do screen capture is Camtasia Studio at $299, but with a FREE 30-day FULL FUNCTIONALITY demo. It captures audio and video at HIGH QUALITY in a variety of formats. It is available at: http://www.techsmith.com/download/freetrials.asp

THIS TECHNIQUE WILL WORK! I've used Camtasia Studio to "screen capture" portions of a DVD playing on my computer. We're talking smooth full-motion video and high quality audio. It was easy to do, and worked great!

The captured movie could then be posted somewhere for download by interested parties. Or maybe it could be posted to yousendit.com (1GB file-size limit).

Anybody interested in giving it a go?

Charles

Yes i did that with Windows Media Encoder. See previous post. It is fully functional and above all it's FREE. You can also create your own stream with it.

JD

#101136 - 01/02/06 09:19 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Jacky-D I managed to get it off the newsgroup you mentioned using Grabit.
Nice video but his playing and presentation isn't a patch on Michel Vonckens in my opinion. I find Voncken far more easier to listen to and got bored of Peter quickly, so fast forwarded through the majority of it.
Here's looking forward to the next Voncken one.

I think i know what you mean. MV is my first choice to. But i must admit, PB plays very well to.

JD

PS Did you see the MV demo form the T1 also?

[This message has been edited by Jacky-D (edited 01-02-2006).]

#101137 - 01/02/06 10:21 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
JD

Thanks a bunch! I was totally unaware of Windows Media Encoder. I just downloaded & installed it. Also, thanks for your work on the Baartmans movie. I was on the same track, but you were ahead of me.

Charles

#101138 - 01/02/06 11:46 AM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cwalkeralso:
JD

Thanks a bunch! I was totally unaware of Windows Media Encoder. I just downloaded & installed it. Also, thanks for your work on the Baartmans movie. I was on the same track, but you were ahead of me.

Charles

You'r welcome. Show us a movie soon lol.

JD

#101139 - 01/02/06 01:11 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jxuereb Offline

Loc: Siggiewi, MALTA
jd how long have you been playing? I'm nearly 10 years into piano music and some 4 years ago i started playing the church organ as well.

Well seeing as you have tyros 1 urself you know what to expect next from the 2. And i sincerely feel that t1 compared with t2 is still very very good. Like voncken said, with the t2, "the best just got better", but seeing as you already have what many consider the best...

With 300 styles and more than 1000 voices, you really can't want much better - compared to me that is to say (190 styles, 791 voices - I had to download lots of styles and tweak voices from my psr in order to be happy with it.)

I had the chance to buy the t1 myself, but not the money but as soon as i finish a levels this june ill go buy myself a nice t2. But theyre still ruddy expensive here from malta theyre bout £2300 with NO extra equipment (speakers, cabling for pc etc). im just hoping that they come a bit cheaper round june hehe

[This message has been edited by jxuereb (edited 01-02-2006).]

#101140 - 01/02/06 01:41 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jxuereb:
jd how long have you been playing? I'm nearly 10 years into piano music and some 4 years ago i started playing the church organ as well.......

I certenly hope that it will be a bit cheaper soon for you. It is realy a incredible instrument. In the Netherlands it is about 3600 Euro's with no stand/speakers or harddisk. But i got a good deal on my T1 to trade it in for a T2 with HD and 1gb samplemem. I play only about 2 years, but on my own it is very hard to learn. But i won't quit. Which PSR do you have? Is there still a Voncken demo of it?

Laterzzz... JD

#101141 - 01/02/06 02:47 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
jxuereb Offline

Loc: Siggiewi, MALTA
mine is the psr-1500 - the smaller brother of the psr-3000, of which there is a video. There is no one of mine as far as i've seen

Features of the psr-1500 include:

— 791 voices (inc. 480XG, 256GM2, 1 Live! Orchetra, 5 Cool! voices, 6 Sweet! voices, and 12 drum kits);
— 190 styles (176 pro, 14 session);
— Sound creator (basic parameter editing), style and multi pad creator + import new styles;
— internet direct connection, usb to host + to device;
– music finder (1100 songs);
– 320 x 240 fulldot backlit LCD (monochrome);
– mixing console, with adjustable parameters for Panel, Style and Song Parts
- DSP effects;
- direct access button;
- left(with optional hold), right1, right2 parts;
- 16 track MIDI sequencer

i admire you for learning to play by urself, but its not just learning i believe. Hearing a LOT of music over and over again, i found, helps me not only learn the notes and to play them, but also the technique eg sax, flutes, clarinets, brasses, and guitars.

This is where theory of music comes in play. It's what you learn from written music that will help, and ultimately guide you to beautiful playing of instruments.

What i may suggest to you is this: when learning a new piece (especially difficult ones like voncken's musette or baartmans' organs), try to hear a slowed down version of the song at least some 6 times consecutively (most music experts recommend 15 to 20 times) in order to get the notes imprinted in the mind.

I wish you lots of fun with your t1, and hope youll enjoy your t2 when you get it btw good deal

------------------
TYROS 2
Inspired by Nature
Designed by YAMAHA

[This message has been edited by jxuereb (edited 01-02-2006).]

#101142 - 01/07/06 12:33 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
Jacky-D Offline

Sorry for the late response, buzy week (lol).

I believe to that the hearing is crucial to learn something. And i know it will take me a long time to get there. But no hurry here.
At least i can use both hands (lol). But i'm enjoying the T1 very much also by playing good midi files on it. The score display helps a lot finding out notes and lower hand chords. Btw to bad there is no movie for the PSR 1500. But i found a little sort of comparison flash demo for the 1500/3000.
Just in case you have'nt seen it yet, here is the link. http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Multimedia/KeyboardsDMI/Flash/PSR1500_3000_300K.htm

And i will try what u sayd about slowing down the movie to see and hear it better.

JD.

PS What device do you use to connect to IDC?
Wireless or wired?

[This message has been edited by Jacky-D (edited 01-07-2006).]

#101143 - 01/08/06 12:41 PM Re: Peter Baartmans T2 Movie
KN_Fan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by playitdown:
Insted of us all trying to download a poor quality video why not go to YAMAHA UK Website.... http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_euro...ovies/index.php

Man- there's a demo on Yamaha Disklavier (also Peter Baartman's). Man that guy got some smooth jazz style on him!!

Guys- try to find a file called Disklavier M4. He got a couple nice jazzy tunes almost at the end of the demo.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online