SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#100925 - 05/06/03 09:06 AM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
Dnj Offline

Boyz,

Standing does take time to build up the leg muscles, one gig is not a judge of inacative legs. I stand 250+ gigs a year with no problems what so ever.. I'm 50, but thats just me. Sitting makes me feel so helpless and not in control and I cant have that.
My singing would also be hindered by singing from a singing position for sure.

Gary,

Why do you only take 5 min breaks?
Whats up with that? I hope they are paying you for continuous Music.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-06-2003).]

#100926 - 05/06/03 10:31 AM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
...... Have any of you tried one of these ... http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=H-651BL
I remember about 120 years ago when I was a young lad working as a computer operator we had mats like this in front of the console to help reduce wear and tear on our back and legs ... Of course I don't know how well they worked because I was muuuuuuch younger and NOTHING hurt !!! ....
t.

#100927 - 05/06/03 03:34 PM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony, I purchased one of these pads at Home Depot for $8...I don't use it to stand on, I throw it over the electric wires outside the home when I need to use an extension ladder near the wires...I guess you can say it is a life saver...

#100928 - 05/06/03 03:58 PM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
pierce buckley Offline

Loc: Cahir Co Tipperary Ireland
I have flat foot so I sit --

#100929 - 05/06/03 08:56 PM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny,

I kinda' got in the habit of taking short breaks many years ago when I was a kid playing lead guitar with a bunch of guys I was in the navy with. I think the longest break I've ever taken was maybe 15 minutes, and I think that was only once when one of the keyboard's crapped out. When I was 50, there were lots of body parts that were still functional--now some of those parts are missing. Gettin' old ain't fer whimps and sissies!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#100930 - 05/07/03 05:33 AM Re: Re-evaluating the Standing vs Sitting Keyboard Playing Position
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Tony, I purchased one of these pads at Home Depot for $8...I don't use it to stand on, I throw it over the electric wires outside the home when I need to use an extension ladder near the wires...I guess you can say it is a life saver...

Fran.. Whatever works, for whatever purpose ....
t.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online