SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#100681 - 12/15/06 08:22 PM Korg PA1X
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi All,

Im on the verge of getting myself a new arranger and aftre long thinking Im now going in favour of the PA1X over the Tyros2. However I needed some help from my friends here. I neede to know some things. 1) Can I use a USB stick to store files and play them directly on the PA1X like the T2
2) How do the styles on the PA1X compare to the T2
3) How much of an upgrade is the PA1X to my PSR 2100 compared to the T2.
4) Are the onboard speakers better than the 2100.
5) MIDI playback on the Korg compared to the Yamaha.
I know perhaps these qns are already addressed before, but still it would be really nice to get some feedback from the experts here.

Thanks a lot,
SUNNY

#100682 - 12/15/06 08:35 PM Re: Korg PA1X
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
1) Can I use a USB stick to store files and play them directly on the PA1X like the T2

There is no provision for a USB stick on the PA1X. You can use a floppy disk or you can install an internal hard drive. The only USB port is to connect to a computer and manage the files in the PA1X.

2) How do the styles on the PA1X compare to the T2

I think that many of the Tyros2 styles are great with incredible in your face type grooves. Many of the Styles in both keyboards are very much tied to actual songs. When you play intros you often hear the song the style was made from. Both models have very realistic guitar usage in the style with alot of fingerpicken and strumming. Jazz, Swing and Latin are great in both. I don't think you would be disappointed with either. I would rate them equal.

3) How much of an upgrade is the PA1X to my PSR 2100 compared to the T2.

Huge upgrade with either one.

4) Are the onboard speakers better than the 2100.

The onboard speakers on the PA1X are much louder with a really nice subwoofer inside. This is one of the reasons why the PA1X weighs 59 lbs.
5) MIDI playback on the Korg compared to the Yamaha.

Hands down the yamaha has this feature beat by a mile. The Korg has two many steps in my opinion before being able to play. The Yamaha has an easy screen and because of the way the song engine always starts playback immediately, even before the entire song loads it beats the Korg. Korg has a cool feature which allows you to be playing a sequencer and then choose a song for the second sequencer to begin playing. You can even start the second song and than use the fader provided between the two transport sets of controls to slide between the two songs like a DJ can do.
I know perhaps these qns are already addressed before, but still it would be really nice to get some feedback from the experts here.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online