SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#100485 - 11/13/05 08:15 PM My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok folks. I've had my Tyros2 for a week now, so I suppose it was about time I post something. I chose the classic golden oldie: "California, Here I Come", to CELEBRATE my Tyros2 keyboard, as it actually arrived here into California, not once, but "two times" . First, from Yamaha Japan to Yamaha USA in Buena Park, California, and then, following a brief cross country detour to DanO's place in Baltimore, Maryland, it finally made it back to me here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

This one's a quickie instrumental (no vocals, cuz I'm still recovering from a cold), and played & recorded 'on the fly' in Tyros2 Hard disk recorder mode, and then converted to MP3 format: Play: California, Here I Come

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-13-2005).]

#100486 - 11/13/05 08:31 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

The url won't work.

Best
Scott

#100487 - 11/13/05 08:34 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Scott - Great post - glad to hear you are on the "flip side" now! I couldn't get the link to work, tried several iterations. Though I am anxious to hear your board! Also, GREAT PHOTO! You live in a terrific place!

Looking forward to hearing your work soon!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#100488 - 11/13/05 08:37 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok guys, the link should work now. - Scott

#100489 - 11/13/05 08:43 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Scott! You fixed it allright! WOW! Nice demo! I haven't played or heard too much T1 stuff, so I can't compare the sounds to that, but I can attest that the organs and brass (of course the saxes too!) all sound like you were at a "musician's convention"! HA HA...GREAT JOB! ENCORE!! MORE!

Since you did the track on your hard drive, I wanted to ask one of you T2 experts how easy it is to remove the recordings from the H/D? I would imagine it is pretty painless - though with my USB stick for the 3K I find it easier to move stuff around by plugging it into my laptop.

Thanks again and glad to "HEAR" (Really - NO PUN INTENDED!! ) you are back at the keys again!

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 11-13-2005).]

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#100490 - 11/13/05 08:49 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Scott,

Sounds like Radio City Music Hall !

I loved the organ sound, and the ending was awesome. Thanks for the demo, and I hope for more.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#100491 - 11/13/05 09:50 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Scott

Glad you're better!

Cool recording. Sounds great. You can tell you're having fun.

I'm looking forward to auditioning the T2.

Best
Scott

#100492 - 11/13/05 11:27 PM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Glad you're on the mend now, thanks everso for releasing your first demo, GREAT STUFF!

Kind regards

Peter

#100493 - 11/14/05 02:06 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
Good to know you are now free of the heavy cold you have been suffering, except for the voice box! but we can wait a little longer for the treat in store
I really enjoyed the on the fly sounds of the T2 which you demoed in your inimitable way.I've played your music a lot and I can tell your style now.
By the way, I loved the picture of what I think is Hyde Street. You perhaps remember that the first time we had a conversation using Skype and Spontania, you saw a similar picture hanging on the wall behind me. The main difference is that your picture has more colour than mine and the tram shown on mine is tram #9, but it also has "Powell and Market" and " I stay at the St.Francis" and "Hyde & Beach,Fisherman's Wharf" on the front!! My Picture was taken when My wife and I were there on vacation in 1988.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#100494 - 11/14/05 03:44 AM Re: My First Tyros2 Demo Song: "California Here I Come !"
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott, terrific job, love the sound of the organ!! Great photo too!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online