SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#100213 - 09/22/00 04:04 PM X1- Registration-chain!!!!
Marc Bischoff Offline

Loc: Rotterdam, NL
Hi everybody.
I t's me again, asking strange questions...;-) Sorry, but I have a "new" problem.
Just came home from a gig with my X1, and I was wondering about the following thing: I suppose everybody (maybe with some exceptions) in their "normal" gigging routine plays midifiles for some songs and for others you use the arranger, right? I, at least, do that.
There is simply one thing I can't figure out how to do it better/faster than I do it now:
I have made for every song a registration. I call up the registration with the select keys, and press start if it is going to be played with the arranger or I press SongPlay and then start if it is a midifile. Right!
But every X1 owner knows, after you played the midifile, the X1 will remain in SongPlay-mode. That means I have to press again SongPlay to get to "normal" mode, select the next registration and press SongPlay again, and then press start. Not only is this a very long and sometimes time-consuming work (imagine you pressed the wrong registration number ...) but also if you press SongPlay to early/ too fast before the registration was fully loaded, the X1 gives you an "command error" or even (like tonight;-) freezes up.
I know, I could use the Juke-Box function to select the next song, but then only the midifile changes. The setup for my right-hand sound and all the other settings, like reverb, vocalizer and so on would stay the same. You see my point.
I didn't use the song-chain or pattern-chain feature yet, but wouldn't it be very, very practical to have something like a "registration-chain" feature? So you could decide a whole set beforehand and let the X1 call up the registrations, and you just press SongPlay if you need it?
Am I the only one who has that problem, or did I miss something? How do YOU do that, actually?
I am curious to read your replies!

Greetings, musically,

Marc

#100214 - 09/23/00 03:15 AM Re: X1- Registration-chain!!!!
Marc Bischoff Offline

Dave,
I do save the registrations as Single-registrations. But that is exactly the point: you can call up single-registrations only in main-screen not in SongPlay mode!
I have to leave SongPlay to select the next registration and go back to SongPlay mode. Sometimes though if you press the SongPlay button too early before the registration was fully loaded, the X1 hangs, propably because it doesn't know which midifile to load, or so.
I can handle the situation. but I find the whole registration idea very unusefull if you can't select them from both "normal" mode AND SongPlay mode.

Any other thoughts on this???

Greetings,
Marc

#100215 - 09/23/00 06:50 AM Re: X1- Registration-chain!!!!
Marc Bischoff Offline

Well, I don't really get how a program is emulation the registration.
Of course I can also use the OneTouch feature to have my favourite sounds always ready, in fact I do that also, but a registration changes in my case much more than just the right hand sound. It affects all kinds of settings, for example the equalizer. Which I find important because I use different kind of bass sounds or bassdrum sounds which sometimes need a little bass boost or in other times have to much bass freq. You see?
And anyway my concern is not so much the selection of the right hand sound, but more that: selecting the next piece is in my case is always equal selecting a registration and I find tht kind of "unpractical" how the X1 handles that. And I suppose that everybody uses mainly registrations, right???

Marc

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online