Scott,
First, I must tell you that before I bought my X1 I went to a local Yamaha dealer who has a (Yamaha) factory authorized service department and talked them into becoming a Solton dealer, which they did. In doing so they were authorized to do repairs if directed to do so by Bell Solton or ship the instrument back to New York if so ordered. So far all of my repair problems were handled locally.
I bought my X1 almost a year ago. When it came from the factory, part of the keys were inactive (no sound)- BACK TO DEALER (cable loose inside keyboard). Then, the microphone input was intermittent. It worked, then did not work - BACK TO DEALER (a transistor on the vocalizer circuit board had been twisted so that two of its leads touched causing the microphone to enable-disable with temperature changes inside the keyboard). Then, the microphone worked but sometimes would emit a "digital distortion" type clipping and when the recommended adapter was used allowing two mics to be plugged in no signal at all came through at all -BACK TO DEALER (not sure what the problem was but the repair man said the had to resolder some connections). A month or so ago I had been playing about 45 minutes when suddenly (as I was playing) the display screen went dead and all power went off the entire keyboard. I checked all cables, power source and connections. Nothing. I waited 10 minutes and it still would not come on. I waited 4 hours and it still would not come on. I went to bed and when I got up the next morning I tried it and It came on and worked perfectly - BACK TO THE DEALER (after several weeks in the shop the repair man said he could not get it to repeat the "dying" routine, thus no fix). Now I have a great sounding instrument that I can't trust taking to a gig. I don't have any other arranger keyboard with which to gig. So, I suppose I will stop gigging or purchase another arr. keyboard - NOT A KETRON/SOLTON!