Well i remember the days when the X1 came about (in the old forum) and so many praises were sung branding it far advanced in both sounds, styles and features over anything at the time. I think the competition then was the KN5000, PSR8000, WK8, G1000/EM2000, I30. I think we are talking about a little over a 18 months ago now. Since then, we have had replacements from nearly all the above keyboards and its as if the X1 has aged considerably (by reading all the recent posts that is). So are we saying that Yamaha, Korg, Roland & Technics took a back seat when seeing the X1 and thought they had to come up with something special to match it, OR are we saying that the next new keyboard that comes along is automatically better? Im confused really. I am not in a luxury position of trying out all these new keyboards so i have to trust you guys on it. But i have to sit and take notice when it swings from one extreme to the other. I will always be happy with the X1, however, I was brought up on a Yamaha but even up until the PSR8000 (my last Yamaha keyboard) i never thought it could really compete with the other top keyboards and to my ears this rang true and that is why I sold it. Now, the PSR9000pro appears to be the daddy. Have Yamaha really improved THAT much?? Yamaha have always been mass market, and ive certainly noticed a major change with them, first of all cutting down on their riddiculous range of kiddies keyboards, theres not so many now in the bottom and mid range. Credit to them, they are definately showing they mean buisness. They have been reading this forum and taking our advice!!!

Basically what I am saying is, its time to go back to my first love IF deemed worthy, and I think you guys are definately making me think twice about it. Now, all i need to do is find a PSR9000pro and listen to it!!!

Danny..