The G1000 piano is in the G70. But I never use it any more, the GrandX FantomX piano is FAR better (true stereo rather than fake panning mono samples, more velocity switch dynamics) and MUCH warmer in the middle of the keyboard, something I used to find lacking in the G1000.

I don't like overly bright piano sounds. I've got a real piano, I play Steinways and Yamaha's all the time for studio work, and VERY few arranger pianos give of that mid range warmth that a real piano does. Most of the arrangers sound like you are pounding the darn thing, even if you are playing mid or low strength. This just makes quiet passages sound 'distant' and brittle, rather than 'close' and warm, which a real piano does (IMO)...

It's easy(-ish!) to get a good piano sound at the top and bottom of the keyboard, but detail and warmth in the middle is very elusive. The G70 is the first hardware one I've enjoyed (soft-pianos like Ivory are MUCH better). My comments, though are entirely about the GrandX patch. I quite dislike most of the others, mostly because of too much 'hammer knock' sound on them. But, IMO, one good piano sound is all you need!

Of course, if you prefer that bright, almost tack piano sound that cuts through ANYTHING (Yamaha's pianos come to mind, even including some of their REAL pianos!) you are not going to agree, but spend some quality time on a really good piano (play some soft passages, put the soft pedal down now and again!) and then go back to your arranger. NOW do you see....?