Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
"He also reminded me of how many Tritons are being used in the world and that the issue of lack of polyphony has not been a problem that Korg have received calls about from users."

"When I think of how many i30's i've sold and in the past year how many PA80's I've sold, and most of my customers are pro players using these keyboards for playing live in resteraunts and clubs, I have not heard complaints about notes being dropped off. I would hope that many of you will hold out and get to try this keyboard when it hits the market in October."

"My rep also told me that it is quite possible there will be a PA1X with 61 keys and speakers possibly in other countries, but as often is the case, the USA division has only choosen to bring in the pro 76 key model for now."
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

George your Korg Rep should realize that the Triton is not an Arranger Keyboard. Thus note drop off would be less of an issue imo because of the Triton not having Style Accompaniment, Multi-Pads, Registrations, OTS, etc. But it is interesting that you say you have not heard complaints from your i30 and PA80 customers about note drop off. So maybe the Polyphony issue with the Pa1X/Pro will be mute "pardon the unintended pun " also.

But you just burst my bubble George!! No 61 Key version in the USA??? You mean I'll have to order one from Synth Planet?? From a place that the Manufacturer's Warranty is voided if shipped to the US? And the AC inlet Connection on the Pa1X probably won't work with USA voltage specs anyways?

I feel like somebody just stabbed me in the back!!! (PS: Not you George , you're just the messenger of the bad news). Korg! You've just lost my vote as Arranger Keyboard Manufacturer of the Year! Ouch!! Talk about a BIG letdown!!!

Back to plan "B". Which is wait and see what shows up on the Radar screen at Winter NAMM 2004. Gotta have those speakers... On a unit that will have a Manufacturer's warranty and be able use an 110 Voltage source.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 07-24-2003).]