Cgiles-

Thanks for sharing your honest opinions and experiences with the T2. Everyone's tastes are very personal, and that's the way it should be.

No arranger ( or workstation ) is going to completely cut it for me in the studio, but right now I'm looking strictly for a live performance board.

I still think I'll probably go with the T2. I'm not a huge fan of the overall Roland soundset, ( it's fine, just not my taste ) as it exists on the Fantom series, so there is no reason for me to believe I'd like the G70's any better.

I have a PA80. Love the styles, and the synth patches, organs, and strings. I don't like so many of the other acoustic instruments vs what's on my Motif ES. I can't find a PA1x to try out close to me, so I'll never know if there is mcuh improvement without taking a long trip somewhere.

I would think the T2 has a similar soundset to the Motif ES. I can live with that. I like the overall acoustic instrument soundset, but think Yamaha is weak for my tastes in synth patches. Still, with the laptop that accompanies me and all of the quality softsynths I have on it, this won't be a problem at all.

AJ