Hey SHeriff,
Now that I know that you like space rock as much as I once did, I can only say that for this particular style anything goes. So using K2000 and a bunch of external Fx does the trick.
I see you like lots of delay. Cool!
Even the drums have tons of delay eh?
I used to mix that way before I got consumed by film production music and pop scene. There, no extra effect gets into the mix without a fight with some bozo who's idea of FX processing is EQ, Compressor and a touch of reverb. I'm glad that people with that limited mentality are all dead by now!

So it is safe to say that I only throw huge delays on sounds by request. Myself, I only use delay lines and fake tape echo effects when I write Dance stuff (which is what I'm being asked to do most of the time).
So nowadays I do very littel rock. ON ocasion I get a band that wants to sound like U2 so I just throw a bunch of delays, tracker synths, distortion wah, heavy mod FX and a bit of analog modeling stuff and they are happy. Especially when I get the dottet eight note delay with a flange happenning on one of the channels.
Well, laugh all you want but I get payed for this stuff!

So I haven't withdrawn my offer. The only thing is, I haven't done any jamming with space rock bands in a loooong time.
Mind you the mix that I heard sounded like a band number with free running progression and basically five or six musical ideas chained together. Ideal stuff for stacking up ideas for live performance.

I assume that is what you intend to do? Play it live?
So is it safe to say that you are pretty much finished with this track and you don't intend to re-organize it into something a littel bit more structured? By that I mean put together into something with more refined progression and yet at the same time keep and emphasize the strong points of the original?

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-06-2005).]