Hi Keys81,
wow man, sounds like you are where I was a few months back. I owned an S90, an XP-80 (expanded with Session and Orch I) and an XV2020 (expanded with the Ultimate Keys card).

I landed a gig with a really great local singer/songwriter and needed primarily B3 and pads for his songs. But I also play in my churches praise band. I had been sucessfully using both the XP-80 and XV-2020 in church, but was disapointed in the organ sounds for my new gig.

I brought my S90 to my first gig with this new band to play B3 patches and was bummed at the use of the wieghted keys but was bummed at the Rolands B3 sound quality.

I looked for an all in one board. I bought a Motif ES 7 for my solution and am very happy. So I now have an S90 and an ES7. The ES7 can handle piano work in a mix but isn't that great for strict piano playing.

Here's a thought. A Motif rack with two controllers. An 88 wieghted monster and a 61 key (or 76 key). The Roland XP-60, XP-80, JV-80 and JV-90 are very good controllers as you can layer very easily with them. (XP's 16 part control, JV's 8 part control)

Anyway I personally love the Motif soundset, both the classic (which is what the S90 has, minus the triple strike piano) and the ES. I also use the the naturalgrand and jazz grand acocustic patches on my S90 as much as or moreso than the triple strike patch. Also there is a few sound libraries able for download from the motifator web site. B's Knees and Vintage Keys, both are excellent.

Another good 88 key controller is the Roland A-90.

Oh, there's a post on here somewhere where a guy made his own customized rig. He made a special wooden cabinet to house to keyboards and sound module and a mixer or other stuff. Really cool but the very fascinating thing I learned from it was this; He uses a fatar Sl760 has his top keyboard, but he carefully sanded the tips of the keys thus creating a 76 note, semi-weighted, full sized, waterfall keybed. A keyboard like that might be sufficient for your use, especially if used with a Motif Rack. By the way, I hear Yamaha is probably going to release the new Motif ES rack at this upcoming winter NAMM. in a few short months, this may reduce the price of the Classic Mo racks that are still available!

Anyway, I hope my post may have helped.

Bob

Oh, one thing about the controller / sound module set-up. You need a good controller to make patch changes on the fly in most cases. My first controller was a Fatar SL-880 and it really does a terrible job of changing parameters of the controlled synth. But it felt great. I had to keep my sound module close, like set on top of the SL-880 and make my changes on the synth itself. But some controllers are so good that you can set the sound module off to the side or behind you or on the floor and never touch it once it's turned on! You may have to set up a few sliders on your controller first to have this. The SL-880 had no sliders at all, so If I wanted to turn down my volume I had to do it on the sound module itself. But the the XP-80 I set the Control SLider 1 to MIDI Volume and I didn;t have to touch the sound module... You know that I mean?

Alright. I'm done... Best wishes.
Bob
<><