Quote:
Originally posted by Paul-61:
I have a few more questions? How good is the MIDI on the AX-60? Where can I find the 13 pin DIN cabel if I want to get an S612 sampler to hook up too it? And what other akai samplers can be processed through the AX60? And if need be where can I find a copy of the AX60 factory presets on cassette tape. Kid Nepro does not carry patches for the AX-60? Also are there any mailing lists of AX-60 users? What about some of the other AKAI gear, are there any other recomendations?

I can answer a few;
midi - sends sysx - manual midi select channel 1 - 10 (10 channels) but sends and receives only on one selected channel.
(which sometimes is very pleasant)
The pre-sets can be used for rack gear, but have a maximum of 88 pre-sets.
It does work allthough very basic as a controller. (no bank selects)

13 pin cable.
This one I discovered by accidence by using the "wrong cable" . the 13 pin roland cable used on the Roland gkII-A guitar midi pick up works nicely.
Apparantly it's the same.

As long as a sampler has midi any sampler can be used thru the midi in/outs, but I think the 13 pin connection is exclusive for the S612.

No idea about factory pre-sets...never needed them as I edited most presets to my satisfaction.
There might be reset possibillity.
If I can find the manual I will take a look.

fred