Yeah, the keyboard is cool. I haven't had much time to play since I bought it (lots of DIY'ing about the house) but I fire it up and play around with the sounds everytime I have 15 mins to spare. This Easter weekend I have the in-laws over so no playing around then either...

As I expected, I won't find much use for any of the styles (maybe "Digital Rock"). It really is a shame they didn't include other modern but not as dancy styles (hard rock for example), but I'm alright. I don't like using stock rythms anyway.

On the other hand, I find that a lot of the DJX-specific sounds are very satisfying and readily usable on non-dance styles. It has a fair few soaring/etherial string-type sounds that are just right for progressive music, as well as metal intros and interludes.

The DSP effects albeit not too dramatic for the most part, are a nice inclusion for the price, and the reverbs are cool too.

I had the keyboard sending and receiving MIDI from the computer in no time at all, and it's the first time I did this. I don't know howcome many people have so much trouble with this.

If I have any gripes, is that some GM sounds are a bit weak (Tremolo strings for example) or sampled too low (the pianos).

Oh, and does anyone feel that the default TouchSensitivity of 3 REALLY requires you to whack the keys to get any kind of sound...

Anyway, and in all honesty, I still feel I couldn't get a better controller/synth for this price. A PSR540 would be better for GM, I guess, but I would lose modulation control and it would cost me more than twice as much (way out of my budget).

I'm a pretty happy camper.

------------------
Miguel Melo
"I have vague plans for World domination"