Quote:
Originally posted by danb:
I missed their concert here in San Diego. But according to my friend they are using 2 mini keyboards. I believe it's DX100. does it have to a DX100? Can we use any other keyboard. Which patch or sound from DX100 does Roger always used to obtain that effect? Those harmony like in the song "Computer Love" is it achievable with only one voice using that talkbox and at the same time playing chords in the keyboard?

Thanks,
Dan

Yes, Roger was using the Yamaha Dx100 keyboards... the chords you are hearing on their music isn't chords being played through his talkbox... it's single vocals tracks panned to create that chords/harmonization effect... there is a vocal in each ear when it happends... listen closely to their music and you can discover it.

The patch on the Dx100 being used is a sound that you have to alter slightly and using a HEIL SOUND talkbox or any other talkbox on the market won't have that same sound or loudness needed to control that sound coming out your mouth.

If you want that sound, it's always best to use the same equipment as Roger did... those Golden Throat horn drivers can take 110 watts... but that's not the only driver Roger used throughout his career but it is the one he used in the recording studio with his Minimoog Synthesizer and Yamaha Dx100... he also used the JBC drivers (which aren't made any more also.)

[This message has been edited by talkbox_master (edited 01-05-2004).]